Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Knife?

Which Knife?

My wife has very generously offered to buy me a new knife as she says that I am spending too much time "tinkering" in my study trying to get a really good sharp edge on my Mora Clipper. The knife will be used mainly for when I am out stalking or culling deer but also occasionally for other "shooting related needs". She has put a budget of "around 60", OK maybe not a lot for a really good quality fixed blade knife but we are not a "well off couple" so this really is very generous of her.
    I have been looking at something like this: http://www.ronniesunshines.com/index...nt-puukko.html
    but would welcome your thoughts and opinions guys.
    What knife would you guys suggest that would fall into this budget please, and to help me out if you suggest any particular make or model of knife knife could you please say what qualities any knife you might suggest is good value for the price?

I have a fetish for sharp knives. After spending a few pennies on them I have settle on the eka swingblade. Easy to sharpen well made for the budget you have .

Atb Steve

I am sure you will get lots of recommendations, for me it has got to be a Buck knife. Used a Vanguard for years and am very pleased with it's ability and holding an edge.
    More to the point does your good lady not realise that tinkering about with things like sharpening knifes is an essential part in a man's life and assuming that you do use this new knife and it requires resharpening are you back to tinkering about.

If that's the style of knife you like, have a look at these.

http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/karesuandokniven.htm

The frosts clipper is a fine and inexpensive knife so she can spend those extra pennies on sexy lingerie

hi i have one or two hand made knifes pm me i will send you one to keep you going ian

FrenchieBoy
    Which Knife?

My wife has very generously offered to buy me a new knife as she says that I am spending too much time "tinkering" in my study trying to get a really good sharp edge on my Mora Clipper. The knife will be used mainly for when I am out stalking or culling deer but also occasionally for other "shooting related needs". She has put a budget of "around 60", OK maybe not a lot for a really good quality fixed blade knife but we are not a "well off couple" so this really is very generous of her.
    I have been looking at something like this: http://www.ronniesunshines.com/index...nt-puukko.html
    but would welcome your thoughts and opinions guys.
    What knife would you guys suggest that would fall into this budget please, and to help me out if you suggest any particular make or model of knife knife could you please say what qualities any knife you might suggest is good value for the price?

ian 243
    hi i have one or two hand made knifes pm me i will send you one to keep you going ian

My wife has said she will buy me a new Toyota V6 Vigo pick up, auto, in black with black leather plus LPG conversion with the 200L tank. What would anyone on here recommend?

In anticipation..........

PS Nice call ian243
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Frenchie there may be method in the wifes maddness !! It's not that you "Tinker" in your study, but what you "Tinker" with !!

If you are think'n Curly Birch this is an alltime favorite: Brusletto Falken (around 70) mark from MOONRAKER KNIVES.

That said there are several to choose from and many varied opinions.

Atb, Buck.

"let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by Bordersman View Post
    I have a fetish for sharp knives. After spending a few pennies on them I have settle on the eka swingblade. Easy to sharpen well made for the budget you have .

Atb Steve
    +1 on the EKA Swingblade. Fantastic bit of kit with the bright orange handle and the dual blades. Can't go wrong for the money i reckon.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by digger9523 View Post
    +1 on the EKA Swingblade. Fantastic bit of kit with the bright orange handle and the dual blades. Can't go wrong for the money i reckon.
    I agree. Mine does a great job - but I understand there are two near-identical EKA Swingblades and the one with the Swedish steel is the better option? There is a thread on here about it so a search for "Swingblade" should find it?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).