Thread: hi guys, any advice, just starting stalking (cheshire)

Smile hi guys, any advice, just starting stalking (cheshire)

hello everyone, i have no experiance of stalking but have wanted to start for years, just didn't find the time.
    so i am starting with my son and would love any advice or pointers so we go in the right direction. held shotgun & fa cert for years and done roughshooting. not fired a rifle for years last one was 7.62 slr altcar range.
    so thats about it really, from warrington cheshire and been self employed 30 years.

thanks for reading this and i hope to meet some of you in the future

cheers

SD Regular
    Welcome - nice to see someone come back to the fold - and encourage a young one to do the same. What calibres do you have - how old is your son and how are you starting him out?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

hi eric, i had to give all my guns up, so starting from sratch again.
    jakes 17 and i intended to do DSC level1 with him. then go on an accompanied shoot, i was looking at a 22 for vermin, also a 243 and either a 30-06 or a 338 as i intend to do some long range target up to 1000mts, but any advice is appreciated.

kind regards
    mike

welcome to the site

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome and first suggestion is as always find an experianced stalker and go out with him even it it means paying you will learn more in a 3hour stalk than months from books etc.
    We have a guy in north yorks who if he adopts you he will mentor you through to DSC2 there must be someone in your area similer

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    Welcome and first suggestion is as always find an experianced stalker and go out with him even it it means paying you will learn more in a 3hour stalk than months from books etc.
    We have a guy in north yorks who if he adopts you he will mentor you through to DSC2 there must be someone in your area similer
    very good advice above .
    welcome to the forum and all the best in you and your sons shooting future
    regards pete .

hello there, more ya out the more ya learn ! enjoy.

Hello Chillumkid, You have some very experienced stalkers right here in Cheshire, & you have a very large membership club in your area, (Walton), shooting your old stamping ground, (Altcar) and also Sealand ranges,Have a look at the Cheshire meet thread, maybe you could look in?, Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!