Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quad handlebar mittens

Quad handlebar mittens

I am after a set of those over glove type things that go on and stay on the hand grips of a quad. Not a very technical description I know but I am sure you know what I mean . Any ideas where to get any?

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi John,

I`ve got a used set you can have mate, PM a postal address and I`ll send them over.

Charly

used to have them on my quad but took them of cant remember how it happened but the mitt put pressure on the throttle lever and my bike slammed into the wall of the house in reverse at a fair speed didn't think a quad went so fast backwards forunately nobody was around to see me make an arse of myself took the damm things of straight away and gave them to a sale of work the school were haveing they were quite good and kept my hands warm until then think i bought them of ATV Engineering in Inverurie

hi you can buy them from Fieldens Ltd also for 35 + Vat and postage ,it is up to the user to make sure they dont foul any cables or controls of the atv

Thanks for the help gents, Charly is going to send me a pair.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by mack8317 View Post
    used to have them on my quad but took them of cant remember how it happened but the mitt put pressure on the throttle lever and my bike slammed into the wall of the house in reverse at a fair speed didn't think a quad went so fast backwards forunately nobody was around to see me make an arse of myself took the damm things of straight away and gave them to a sale of work the school were haveing they were quite good and kept my hands warm until then think i bought them of ATV Engineering in Inverurie
    +1 dam things couldnt lamp with em on either rather use good gloves

hand (hot) grips

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    I am after a set of those over glove type things that go on and stay on the hand grips of a quad. Not a very technical description I know but I am sure you know what I mean . Any ideas where to get any?

John
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxford-Mot...item3cbd5d80ef

Made my own with the leg parts of an old pair of cheap wellies.
    Cut the foot part off, and attach the resulting rubber tube with a big cable tie. Stayed put and didn't flop forward in an annoying way like the "proper" version.
    In very cold weather I loosely filled them with snippets of fleece wool, and buried my hands in there!

Try sitting on your hands john too keep them warm