Best clothes

User00003

Having been spending the usual £200 to £300 on fancy goretex harkila trousers, jackets, etc. and continuously finding that when properly exposed to the elements, they are simply NOT waterproof:doh:

I've been in long comms with harkila about replacements, etc. but it's an ongoing saga.

Anyway, I have found these: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/supertrack-500-green-trousers-id_8183837.html#technological_concepts

This range of Solognac is A. warm, B. very hardwearing, and C. WATERPROOF...like proper waterproof - you can sit, lay, etc. in a highland bog or in torrential rain on spagnum moss for hours, and it will NOT LEAK!!! it does not really make too much noise either:D

Jackets are the same - at these prices, this has got to be a number 1 all time winner of best hunting products IMHO.

Decathlon opening in Edinburgh this winter:D

Over the years I had plenty of Decathlon stuff. Some very, good others less. If you have a decathlon close to your home, it's best to check it out. Decathlon wellies just looked useless to give an example. I have a shooting vest which is the best I ever had.
They also have good, strong, waterproof leggings for the beater, roughshooter.

I use a decathlon arpenaz 300 jacket for most of my shooting and its fairly quiet, fully waterproof and cheap. I've a goretex jacket which was over £200 which I used to use hill walking and find the Decathlon jacket almost as good.

I prefer layers when outdoors and the Decathalon jacket works well.

Some good stuff to be found for little money.

Back