Thread: Bullarab

Bullarab

Was in a local shop yesterday and whilst awaiting the shop owner to repair the item I wished fixed we got round to talking about shooting. Although I have used this particular shop many times I had never known that the owner is a very keen game shooter/clay shooter. Whilst discussing dogs he got onto the subject of a member of his family residing in Queensland Australia and owning a Bullarab. I know nothing about this breed of dog that is also known as an Australian Pig Dog. A bit researching on youtube had me watching Bullarabs which are apparently a cross, 50% Bull Terrier, 25% Greyhound and 25% Short haired pointer.
    Would seem from youtube that they are used to hunt/bait (???) boar and after they have had a good session of tug of war with the boars ears the owner/handler steps in and sticks the animal.
    Apparently they are bred for temperament other than when hunting pigs but have been responsible for a good few attacks on humans and don't get on too well with sheep.
    Assuming that Ozz must have it's fair share of tree huggers does their Government have different views on their anti campaigns than ours.
    Anybody got further info.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    You will get all you like on the Aussie pig dog forums,have a bit of a google around.

BA`s is a name of one blokes breed of dogs that coined the name..your mix was right except the pointer part originally was English Pointer not GSH.

The arab bit I was told comes from saluki. My mum would occasionally send me wild boar australia or bacon busters, pig dog magazines, I suspect they have web sites and forums if you looking for info. The bacon busters "babes and their boars" callender is 100% australiana and got the anticipated (and hoped for) reaction when I put it up at work. Whats wrong with toothless aussie sheilas in bakinis straddling a dead pig with a 30-30 lever in one hand and a knife in the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Was in a local shop yesterday and whilst awaiting the shop owner to repair the item I wished fixed we got round to talking about shooting. Although I have used this particular shop many times I had never known that the owner is a very keen game shooter/clay shooter. Whilst discussing dogs he got onto the subject of a member of his family residing in Queensland Australia and owning a Bullarab. I know nothing about this breed of dog that is also known as an Australian Pig Dog. A bit researching on youtube had me watching Bullarabs which are apparently a cross, 50% Bull Terrier, 25% Greyhound and 25% Short haired pointer.
    Would seem from youtube that they are used to hunt/bait (???) boar and after they have had a good session of tug of war with the boars ears the owner/handler steps in and sticks the animal.
    Apparently they are bred for temperament other than when hunting pigs but have been responsible for a good few attacks on humans and don't get on too well with sheep.
    Assuming that Ozz must have it's fair share of tree huggers does their Government have different views on their anti campaigns than ours.
    Anybody got further info.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by pete evans View Post
    The arab bit I was told comes from saluki. My mum would occasionally send me wild boar australia or bacon busters, pig dog magazines, I suspect they have web sites and forums if you looking for info. The bacon busters "babes and their boars" callender is 100% australiana and got the anticipated (and hoped for) reaction when I put it up at work. Whats wrong with toothless aussie sheilas in bakinis straddling a dead pig with a 30-30 lever in one hand and a knife in the other?
    We are definitely missing out here>

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tims/488373641/