Thread: advice.required smal claims etc??

advice.required smal claims etc??

ok long story short

my brother did some work for a guy local whom hada organic meat/ vension business

and the guy closed shop and did a fly bolt leaving him out of pocket by £300 ish...ok not a lot of money in grand scheme of things but not the point....and i believe hes done it to a few folk time n time again.

now...ive discovered the "gentleman" is working at a hotel up north as their "sporting manager"

anybody know how small claims work.? are we wasting our time?

basically i was told were he is...ive looked at the website.....and im keen to prevent this ar*ehole from doing it to anyone else... as said we now know hes got previous for this

realistically i know we aint gonna get money bak but id love to let him know we know were he is ggrrrrrrr

sauer

MCOL - Money Claim Online

I have used this service a few times for the same reason unpaid invoices, you will need his a name and current address. It's easy to register and process the claim it will cost £35 which will be added to his final invoice. They will send him a court summons and the option to settle the bill within 14 days. The court is always miles away which puts most people off attending and 9 times out of 10 they **** themselves selfs when they get the summons and pay up.

Worth a try

Atb
    David

Not difficult, go to the sherriff's clerk and pick up form. Fill in the form and take it back alone with invoice copy and other evidence. ( ask the clerk if the sherriff usually awards expences. If not steer clear of lawyers) Take someone familiar with the case with you. It is designed to be user freindly. Take the form and the cash, £23 last i used it but that was a few years ago. Dont expect instant results. You will be called to debate. The sherriff will then decide if your claim is valid and order payment. I got full invoice value £800 plus my fee from the defaulter. Be reasonably sure he can pay or the sherriff could order stage payments and then he defaults and you go through the same again and again.
    Jim

Dear Hotel manager,

I understand that Mr 'insert expletive' is in your employ. I have been trying to contact him for some time regarding an unpaid bill for the sum of £xxx as detailed in the attached invoice.
    If you would kindly pass this message on to him I'm sure the payment will be forthcoming and a simple oversight on his behalf the explanation for his non payment when he lived at xxxxxxxxxx.

yours sincerely

Sauer

Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by swisher44 View Post
    MCOL - Money Claim Online

I have used this service a few times for the same reason unpaid invoices, you will need his a name and current address. It's easy to register and process the claim it will cost £35 which will be added to his final invoice. They will send him a court summons and the option to settle the bill within 14 days. The court is always miles away which puts most people off attending and 9 times out of 10 they **** themselves selfs when they get the summons and pay up.

Worth a try

Atb
    David
    Make sure they follow through. A lot of these companies will only take it to the summonds stage and pass it back to you. The wide boys know this. They use it to delay the payment. Got caught out before. They wanted x pounds to procede to court. Remember you are in scotland. different laws.

"sell" the debt to a local villian, you will get about half the money and I promise they will get paid, usually about twice what he owes.