Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED Scope Mount Torch, will this work?

LED Scope Mount Torch, will this work?

Hi, Where and what should I buy? I am looking to get a torch type lamp for my 223, I believe LED is a good option but would like some advice on Make/ Model etc.

I will want good clear light out to say 300m working on the fact a filter will reduce this a little, I also want a self contained unit (batteries inside) I have had enough carrying a battery over the shoulder. I would also want it to have a switch on the stock.

I have been using a lightforce 170 but its bulky on the scope and the whole curly cord and battery is a pain.

Any suggestions, thanks in advance

SD Regular
    Feel free to drop me a PM on this topic, as there are a number of options and price ranges. I've sourced units for a number of guys on here who all seem pretty happy with them, altohugh I have to say I think 300m is a little hopeful. Do you really want to lamp off your rifle (as in pointing your rifle) at that range without a firm ID?

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

900 lumens trustfire will cost about 25 with charger and batteries. This would be good out to about 150m without a filter. Standard scope adaptor allows it to be fixed to the scope and a soft touch switch on a short lead will cost an extra 6. All on the bay.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Nigel Try my scope mounted led clulite if you want Steve

I bought one of the Clulite LED ones earier this year and thought it was quite good.......
    Less than a week later I was out with Eric the Red and tried one of his LED lamps, his was substantially better.
    So much so I bought one immediately and sold the Clulite on.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Feel free to drop me a PM on this topic, as there are a number of options and price ranges. I've sourced units for a number of guys on here who all seem pretty happy with them, altohugh I have to say I think 300m is a little hopeful. Do you really want to lamp off your rifle (as in pointing your rifle) at that range without a firm ID?

E t R
    If shoot at night its as part of a pair, one lamps one shoots however once I have an ID I prefer to have rifle and light as one and the lightforce 170 is too bulky. I understand the question about ID with the rifle and agree bad idea, too risky.

Quote Originally Posted by steveford1 View Post
    Nigel Try my scope mounted led clulite if you want Steve
    Hi Steve,

Yes please, I will give u a call and pop round one evening, give it a week as my mother just passed away so lots to sort this week and next, catch up soon.

BTW do u still go to Marshfield, I have not been up for a while so I have not checked if the field has been plowed yet, I was last there five weeks ago no safe shot on a deer but took a nice big fox out, that should save a few birds.

Nthor

i use a Tiablo A9 with a Collimator headand a tape switch attached to the top of my scope, looking through my 10x40 bushnell scope its very good out to 250m+you will get good clear target ID. looking through my S&B 8x56 with the same light its good to 300m+

The A9 with collimator head will throw a very tight beam pattern, before you buy any LED torch check out this web site http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/ they know their onions. it also will give you "beam shots" this is photos of the beams the torches produce at night .

try this place to order the torch http://www.kit-tronics.com

hope this helps ....neil

Hi Nigel
    Sorry to hear about your mother. give me a call when your are ready atb Steve

I have just walked in from a night out with a Clulite Cree LED interceptor mounted on my .17HMR, good for 300 meters. I thought it worked well tonight but 21 bunnies may disagree.