Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: hats off to Simpsons of Newmarket

  1. #1

    hats off to Simpsons of Newmarket

    Hats off to simpsons of newmarket,

    Ive had problems with a rifle they sold (6-8 weeks ago), couldnt get it to zero with mod off or mod on, tried various makes of ammo, you name it tried it.

    phoned them a couple of weeks back to tell them of the problem and they suggested some more things to try, so tried them, still the same.

    phoned them back today and told them still having problems, and they have said they will refund the full price or swap for another to the same value.

    Cant get fairer than that.

    they have a winchester mod 70 in what do people think to them?

    now the joys with dealing with the firearms dept again.

    so how long you reckon for a one for one? ill take a guess at a month.

  2. #2
    If you take your certificate to your local firearms dept with the details of your new rifle they should do it there and then with no variation fee. Dont suppose the gun shop gave you back the money for all the wasted ammo you used.

  3. #3
    just got off the phone to my firearms dept, and they said i have to send my fac back to them and apply for a one for one, i did ask if i could bring it in and do it there and then but they said no

    so i asked how long, they couldnt give me an idea of how long, just made excuses saying they have a backlog and are short staffed.

  4. #4
    as for ammo not yet, but will work on that when i go to the shop over the weekend

  5. #5
    I've got two Winchester Model 70s, one in .223 and one in .416 Rem. Have found them both to be accurate (both group under 1" with factory ammo), reliable and relatively cheap to buy.

  6. #6
    Goldy, good luck, last time I had this problem with a 1 for 1 variation for an un-named moderator with Norfolk they were as obstructive as I have ever known, I think it took 5 or 6 weeks in the end, up till then I had had nothing but first class service from this county, but all I got from them this time was how short staffed they were due to job cuts and how we were all feeling the pinch etc etc etc and excuse after excuse, I dread having to my renewal next year, they really don't seem to grasp how much it holds you up! On a plus note, I've found Simpsons very helpful in the past too, do you ever get over to Philip Webster up near Attleborough, really decent chap, good prices for ammo etc too!
    Andy

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by goldypurple View Post
    Hats off to simpsons of newmarket,

    Ive had problems with a rifle they sold (6-8 weeks ago), couldnt get it to zero with mod off or mod on, tried various makes of ammo, you name it tried it.

    phoned them a couple of weeks back to tell them of the problem and they suggested some more things to try, so tried them, still the same.

    phoned them back today and told them still having problems, and they have said they will refund the full price or swap for another to the same value.

    Cant get fairer than that.

    they have a winchester mod 70 in what do people think to them?

    now the joys with dealing with the firearms dept again.

    so how long you reckon for a one for one? ill take a guess at a month.
    6-8 weeks minimum !

    im about to put in for a 300win mag im buying off a mate ........... really looking forward to that one !

    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

    please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    6-8 weeks minimum !

    im about to put in for a 300win mag im buying off a mate ........... really looking forward to that one !
    Its a joke isn't it, but what can you do, I even offered to volunteer for Norfolk in an admin capasity if it meant they could clear the backlog, but apparently they don't take on volunteers......In that case STOP MOANING ABOUT BEING SHORT STAFFED!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Its a joke isn't it, but what can you do, I even offered to volunteer for Norfolk in an admin capasity if it meant they could clear the backlog, but apparently they don't take on volunteers......In that case STOP MOANING ABOUT BEING SHORT STAFFED!
    luckily i just picked up 400 sierra gamekings today for the .270 so my ticket is now full !

    i know the 300 wm isnt going anywhere so if i have to wait a bit it now doesn't matter , a big bonus is ive already got the land cleared so just got to sit on it i spose

    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

    please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

  10. #10
    The Winchester Model 70 is a nice rifle. Be aware there are several variations of it depending upon age of the rifle. Was very tempted by one in 30-06 (post 64 push feed) and was going to go for it then was reminded how the previous owner was a bit cavalier in his reloading so decided against it for that reason. Shame as it was a nice rifle and one which I had shot before on a few of our range days. It had a nice Pecar scope in Conetrol mounts and the wood was nicely figured too.

    I wonder why it is that licensing folks people all seem to be little clones. Even if the paper work is all done the new certificate will sit in a pile on a desk awaiting to be signed, or something, it seems anything just to hang it out. Have noticed this more than once. My FAC sat on a desk for over a month just waiting for it to be signed. Back in 2003 my Temp Form 6 sat on a desk for over a month waitng for someone to be bothered to put int he mail and get it posted. It's not a new problem and it seems to be ingrained with these people.

    If any other organisation ran like this there would b questions asked in high places. The amount of money they waste is dreadful.
    Last edited by Brithunter; 21-10-2011 at 10:35.

Similar Threads

  1. Tilley Hats!
    By flytie in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 14:05
  2. YORKSHIREROESTALKING..t-shirts and hats
    By steyr in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 15:26
  3. Hats Hats Hats
    By Sam in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-11-2009, 18:10
  4. stalking hats
    By irishgun in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 21:11
  5. Hats off to Rob
    By sikamalc in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 23:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •