Thread: Some good to come out of the Olympic Games

Some good to come out of the Olympic Games

Although it won’t help British shooters, anyone planning to visit UK from other EU states after 1 October 2011 doesn’t need to send their original European Firearm Pass to UK. Provided that a clear copy has all the relevant details shown this will be acceptable.
    This was confirmed to me yesterday by email from Grampian Police and a copy letter from BASC which confirms that the covers England Wales and Scotland but not Northern Ireland.
    It seems that the Home Office have agreed to a request from their counterparts in the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) that legislation be amended to allow the production of a copy of the EFP as an alternative to sending the original. While the impetus to change the law flows from the 2012 Games, the change will have a wider application to other sporting competitions and on visiting quarry shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef3844675 View Post
    Although it won’t help British shooters, anyone planning to visit UK from other EU states after 1 October 2011 doesn’t need to send their original European Firearm Pass to UK. Provided that a clear copy has all the relevant details shown this will be acceptable.
    This was confirmed to me yesterday by email from Grampian Police and a copy letter from BASC which confirms that the covers England Wales and Scotland but not Northern Ireland.
    It seems that the Home Office have agreed to a request from their counterparts in the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) that legislation be amended to allow the production of a copy of the EFP as an alternative to sending the original. While the impetus to change the law flows from the 2012 Games, the change will have a wider application to other sporting competitions and on visiting quarry shooters.
    Cannot quite see what the Olympics got to do with it but I concur. I asked my local force to check with the Home Office. They kindly did and they agreed originals are not needed anymore.

To be fair I hope it will be just One of the good things to come out of the Olympics.