Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee reloading kit

Lee reloading kit

Hi, thats my lee reloading kit arrived today,will set it up at weekend. what powder do you think is best for reloading 243 bullets that are fired out of my tikka t3 lite and what bullet do you think are best,was thinking of 70gr blitzkings and 100gr SPT or 100gr gamekings SBT,70 was for foxes and roe and 100 for sika and red, thanks for any imput

Quote Originally Posted by big cat View Post
    Hi, thats my lee reloading kit arrived today,will set it up at weekend. what powder do you think is best for reloading 243 bullets that are fired out of my tikka t3 lite and what bullet do you think are best,was thinking of 70gr blitzkings and 100gr SPT or 100gr gamekings SBT,70 was for foxes and roe and 100 for sika and red, thanks for any imput
    Just bought some 100gn gamekings today. Can't complain about these bullet heads so far as they are used in the Federal Powershok range of bullets, but only time will tell if I can reload them to perform as well as the factory as never homeloaded them before. Going to plump for about 42 grains of Reloader 19 which should give me about 2850fps in once-fired Federal brass.
    Timney

Quote Originally Posted by Timney View Post
    Just bought some 100gn gamekings today. Can't complain about these bullet heads so far as they are used in the Federal Powershok range of bullets, but only time will tell if I can reload them to perform as well as the factory as never homeloaded them before. Going to plump for about 42 grains of Reloader 19 which should give me about 2850fps in once-fired Federal brass.
    Timney
    THANKS again for imput, have never reloaded myself

i use Varget in my 243, ive had excellent results with 70gn Blitzkings, 75gn Sierra HP and 100gn Hornady BTSP

Do the research, buy the manual and read it, then read it again.
    That`s just for starters...............
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

And don't forget you will need an anorak

mine likes h414 mate give it a try

I know several people who use RL 19 for 243. I would recomend spending the next week reading reloading manuals (not just the Lee manual)

i use Hodgdon 4895 for all my reloads cant be arsed with messing about with powders used it since day 1 always get good results, not much of what i shoot gets away.

paul
    I have guns because i love shooting, what i hate is red tape and been screwed by a Dishonest Government.

I have used Vita Vouri 140 as it is easy to come by and with foxing you probably do not need that bigger projectile in my experience an 70 - 80gn will do the job and you will not need as much powder to get it going so cheaper in the long run. Does not matter what size you use as long as you are accurate than you could use pretty much what size you want!

Went cull hunting in SA receintly and used a .22 sub-sonic rim fire on fallow sized dear with excellent results. Not something you would do in the UK but just proves that if you are accurate you can drag just about anything down with a small projectile.