too early for lone kids?

limulus

Over the last few days I've seen a kid without mum (and the other kid of the pair)
Given the low number of roe in the area would you leave it or ruin its day come Nov 1st?

To clarify, there are few roe in the area, it is subject to high volumes of people passing through. There is the strong possibility of dog men working the area. I'd really like to see the population increase but 450 acres is 450 acres and only ever going to hold a certain number.

From what I have seen of this years kids they look well able to survive without their mother. Are these kids feeding well. Possibly a judgement call on your part. If you are trying to increase your stock I would be inclined just to keep an eye on things at present.

I'm going to leave them alone for at least the next year or two as there are not a lot about in this area. The youngster is feeding well and I've since seen mum not too far away with the other of her kids, its pretty much a 450 acres enclosed block so I think it would only hold say 3 does with their kids and a couple of bucks anyway.

Back