Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bow hunting and Buffalo trip

Bow hunting and Buffalo trip

Hi Guys,
    Looking for a good outfitter to take five hunters to shoot a Cape Buffalo each and the hunt some plains game with a bow, all the bow hunters are experenced and shoot well. Ideal time would be early June.

Thanks

Get in touch with Kei River Safaris. One of the P.H.s there has his own place that is set up for bow hunting his name is Gary.I,ll see if i have still got his details.

Tusker

Have a look on www.africanhunting.com loads of guys on there bowhunting.I have a friend who I have bowhunted with who has just taken a Australian Buff and is taking a Cape Buff next year.I will find out some details and see what price he is paying and which area.
    Gary

Guys - be careful, had a tough time in Moz earlier this year. My advice would be to research your outfitter then dig even deeper by speaking to a few references. I was hoping to shoot 1 cape with the rifle / a croc to make a rifle slip & cartridge bag from ~ see how I felt and then use any remaining time with the bow for a second cape (possibly a Sable if the chance came my way)

What I got was an unorganized camp (and I found out later) no buffalo permits! No wonder we were taken for a wild goose chase - didn’t even see one! You have to take opportunities when they come along but............. I can’t say the Hippos I shot were what I want from a hunt.

Hippo in Mozambique - shot with 470 nitro express at 140 something yards (to be fair it was good eating)

Impala from the Eastern Cape - Stalked & shot at 55 yards after a week of close calls Mega chuffed!
    I have been speaking with a guy at the game fair who bow hunts - I will find out his name and post it for you.

What bow setup / weight are you using?

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...29-Schwarzwild - he's the man to talk to I'm sure he's a bow man also!

I sure am Nitroexpress. I am with my Mathews in RSA right now. I have sent a PM to Westpoint. I have had three warthogs and a waterbuck so far. Out again tomorrow. Pictures to follow.

David.

Huh - rub it in why dont you!

That being said I hvave just returned from Croatia (with Tomo ~ Artemis hunting) and had a whale of a time! 91 boar between 8 guns over 3 days with 1 : 2 shot ratio. We could have shot over 150 but we decided to be selective with the ones we shot.

Great team of guys shooting and nothing but good things to say about Tomo & the Artemis Team - its a shame I had to come home.

Sounds like you have had a good time on the piggies Nitro. Some years ago I spoke with Tomo about a European Brown Bear. Sounded good but a bit pricey at the time as I could have had a management hunt in RSA for the same amount. In hindsight, I regret not taking it as today it would be much more! Tomo was very easy to deal with at that time too. Must take another look at what Tomo has to offer.

Best regards,

David.

Quote Originally Posted by westpoint View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Looking for a good outfitter to take five hunters to shoot a Cape Buffalo each and the hunt some plains game with a bow, all the bow hunters are experenced and shoot well. Ideal time would be early June.

Thanks
    Westpoint,

Where do you want to hunt cape buff?

Have you considered Namibia? Or more specifically the Caprivi strip which borders Angola and Botswana.

Check out Hentie Van Heerden at www.vanheerdensafaris.com

Hentie is a top bloke and an excellent PH. Tell him I recommended him

Cheers
    Paul
    50/50

Thanks Guys,

Lots of good info I have talked to the other hunters and we will make a plan in the new year, I like Caprivi and will look into that as well

Cheers