Article from The Irish Times on Sika stalking in Co Kerry

Not a bad article at all, but two clean misses on two different open hill stags by a pro stalker ??

I didnt think much about the article myself to be honest but at least she got out there with the stalkers and showed it in a reasonably good light.
Hunters / stalkers have wrongfully been getting a bit of bad press lately due to poachers mainly.
There was one instance in Wicklow recently where a guys jeep was shot on his way home one evening, poachers have been blamed but the concensus is that there is more to the story than meets the eye as the guy who was ''shot at'' was a local hunter himself and may have disturbed someone / been where he should not have been etc :confused:

Last edited:
I can't comment to much on the skill of Irish stalkers as I know very little about stAlking in Ireland. The two misses and shooting through a foggy lens doesn't bode well. And poachers, sadly they seem to be everywhere. Nevertheless, the landscape of Killarney is beautiful and I hope to go for a stag there next year. And the article goes someway in explaining the need for deer stalking.All the best

Not sure that there are any eagles in Kerry, otherwise quite a well written balanced account.

Back