Thread: New 243

New 243

Hi All,

Just joined the site, I am located in Essex, received my FAC for a .243 in late June, with a mentoring condition, and received a new licence this morning with the condition removed. Very pleased with the 1 week turn around from Essex FAD.

Tim.243

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Established Poster
    Welcome to you wow that was pretty quick of them bet you were well pleased ? So what did you have to do get your mentoring condition taken off ir you dont mind me asking ?

You must be doing something right

Quote Originally Posted by foxer1 View Post
    Welcome to you wow that was pretty quick of them bet you were well pleased ? So what did you have to do get your mentoring condition taken off ir you dont mind me asking ?
    I have a contact that is self employed like me, so we could spend quite a bit of time out in the field across the land I can shoot over.
    He has a dsc1and cert for a .243 with deer and fox on it, which is exactly what I have on mine.
    Tuning the rifle with a round to suite was not that hard as I have shot with them in the past, finding the deer was harder!
    I have been shooting for 35 years and helped out with deer in the past, I have found with the gralloching you have to be very careful and don’t rush.
    He wrote a covering letter to the FAD and I took that into them with my cert by hand (as I don’t trust the post) and one week later the brown envelope came in the post.

Tim.243

Tim.
    Glad you now have your " proper cert ".
    I am not familiar with the mentoring conditions you had on your original. What does that mean and how do you proceed?. Also, is a mentor condition a Home Office requirement or just an add on extra hoop to jump through which various forces believe they can (incorrectly) stipulate?.
    Cheers
    S.

Answer to your question

Hi,
    First time loading an attachment on here so i hope it comes out. I have scaned the letter for you to look at.

Regards

Tim.243
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails will it fit 2 008.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    Hi,
    First time loading an attachment on here so i hope it comes out. I have scaned the letter for you to look at.

Regards

Tim.243
    Hi Tim.
    Thanks for that. Interesting stipulation, glad you now have it removed.
    Cheers
    S.