Photo's from a Norwegian Moose Hunt 2011

Jonher

Hi all,

Below are some pics from this years moose hunt in Norway, approx 30 minutes from Oslo. Our quota is 13 animals and so far we have taken 9, so far I have not got anything, but we have till the end of the month, or theres always next year! :D

Moose calf
0676e169.jpg

Anders, the young guy who shot it
5fc9b33b.jpg

1.5 year old bull
2b6d6190.jpg

1.5 year old bull with the dog it was shot from
84b9cd10.jpg

Bull moose calf
ea48877f.jpg

Moose cow & calf extraction
fd498cb8.jpg

13 pointer
a2eea1c8.jpg

09718b38.jpg

My brother with the 13 pointer head that was shot (not by him!)
d273d284.jpg

4 point bull
35d42283.jpg

c624dd66.jpg

b3c9a069.jpg

c83a02ba.jpg

calf
27038180.jpg

My brother and the fruits of the forest hanging prior to collection by the butcher
efbf709b.jpg

One of our tracking dogs
980c2982.jpg

Bamsi (dog) and some of the team with the first moose shot over her
7174343d.jpg

fcf37504.jpg

801ccb0a.jpg

39e54699.jpg

A male capercaillie which was walking in front of our vehicle on the way into the forest
415ae0f5.jpg

Click on pic below for video

Cracking photo's them moose are a bit bigger than what we get to shoot in England, good luck with the rest of the season i hope you get your moose before it ends !!

Great stuff! Is it usual to skin the carcasses before they are collected over there?

Thank you for the positive comments.

They cant be comfortable on that trailer !!!!!
Would hate to have to try and drag one out too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I don't think it was exactly designed for comfort for the moose, but the 'elgtrak' is a cracking bit of kit, goes pretty much anywhere and has a winch to help pull in the animals or pull yourself out of a ditch. You can stand in the trailer itself and drive it, you just pull the controls back over, three of us did this right through the middle of a marsh to collect a calf. We also have a big plastic sled we can tie on to the back and drag behind if there is too many animals or if the moose is down a ravine we can strap it to the sled and use the winch to get it up to the elgtrak.

I agree, dragging one would be a nightmare!

Great stuff! Is it usual to skin the carcasses before they are collected over there?

csl, we take the animals back to the barn and skin them there, then then hang for a number of days depending on the temperature before they go to the butcher and the processed meat is collected the next day, I'm not sure how it is with other hunting clubs, this is just how we do it.

Looks like you been having fun there Johner,my mates young dog is going great guns had 5 this year including this chap
CIMG04971.jpg

Looks like you been having fun there Johner,my mates young dog is going great guns had 5 this year including this chap

Nice bull there Nell, looks like the dogs did a good job plucking the beast :lol:

Has been a great year for me this year, being able to go alone with the dog through the forest trying to stalk the moose is another ball game completely.

great stuff, I go to finland on a 3 day hunt (driven moose+ white tail stalk) on the 3rd nov.

Nice one John , looking forward to hear about the trip when you come back!

That's seriously wet my appetite for our trip in a week or so, fingers crossed they haven't reach their quota when we land ! Fingers crossed we come home with some similarly suitable photo's !!

Tom

Back