Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richard and Thomas Jackson, Gunmakers.

Richard and Thomas Jackson, Gunmakers.

Dear all, this is the body of an e-mail I received wondering if the site could help at all. If there is anybody that can help would you let me know please.

I am a descendent of Richard and thomas Jackson and wondered whether any of your correspondents would have any information about them? My family would be most grateful.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

John.
    Does the email give an area of where they may have resided?
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

No afraid not, that is the e-mail in it's entirety.

John

There was a Richard Jackson listed as a Gunmaker in Birmingham at 7 Lower Windsor Street during the early 1850s

jackson guns

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    There was a Richard Jackson listed as a Gunmaker in Birmingham at 7 Lower Windsor Street during the early 1850s
    For Sale: T Jackson 12g Hammer gun for sale, recently serviced and re-furb'd
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

John,

I have a copy of "British Gunmakers Volume II, Birmingham, Scotland and the Regions". This has details of almost all makers from outside London (volume 1 covers the London Trade). The books covers many "makers" who retailed only and sourced their guns from the Birmingham and London trades.

Unfortunately my copy is at the bottom of a box in a storage unit due to a house move.

If someone else has a copy of the book it will almost certainly have some info.

Apologies for being no help at all, but hopefully this might point the chap in the right direction. There must be library copies of the book somewhere.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks for that Bpb, I'll pass it along.

John

Hallo John
    You are a long way from Richard Jackson's London abode and workplace!

I am assuming that you are seeking information about the gunmaker who was my great grandfather?

Best wishes
    Vivien

JayB

Try putting a post on double gun journal forum - plenty of boffons who can give chapter and verse. Or speak to the gentlemen at holts auctioneers, or at vintage gun or Francis Lovell. Google them all. With the former they do a valuation roadshow around the British isles. Or take a trip up the road to Haygarth - they have very long memories of yhis type of thing.

Many thanks

I have no knowledge of them, honestly.
    Cheers
    Richard (Jackson)