Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 6x47 Lapua

  1. #1

    6x47 Lapua

    Will be picking my new rifle up at the end of the week which is a 6x47 lapua with a Walther barrel having a 1in 8 twist,i will be using a range of bullet heads from around the 85 grain mark up to 105 grains,anybody got any loads for this caliber?

  2. #2
    I am also changing to the 47 lapua
    but have been told buy the riflesmith that i should be running 120-130 grn bullets .The barrel is a tru flight 24inch long with a 1 in 8 twist.
    i will await what you find with the light loads.

    would the light loads not be very exsplosive on contact with the flesh ??

  3. #3
    I shoot 70gr Nosler BTs in my 6x47 Lap, running it with 38.2gr of N135 @3575fps from a 24" Pacnor Super Match, on a Stiller Predator. shoots in the .1s

  4. #4
    115 grn bullet and 37,5grn h4350 and cc450 primer 2975fps es 9 sd 3
    groups in the .1-.2 s awsome cartidge
    Last edited by taylor; 24-10-2011 at 05:52.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterscabin View Post
    I am also changing to the 47 lapua
    but have been told buy the riflesmith that i should be running 120-130 grn bullets .The barrel is a tru flight 24inch long with a 1 in 8 twist.
    I suspect that the smith is talking about the 6.5mm

  6. #6
    i should really learn to read the OP properly


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    115 grn bullet and 37,5grn h4350 and cc450 primer 2975fps es 9 sd 3
    groups in the .1-.2 s awsome cartidge
    Will the 1-8 twist barrel stabalise the 115 DTAC's?

  8. #8
    1:8 should handle everything just fine inc 140gr and up.
    I would imagine there will be a limit to powder capacity before the barrel twist becomes an issue but this is a high pressure cartridge so it'll be fine with a broad spectrum of stuff, I am sure.
    Last edited by Milligan; 25-10-2011 at 20:28.

  9. #9
    a true 1-8 will shoot d-tacs realy well, done it in 3 different barrels

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Milligan View Post
    1:8 should handle everything just fine inc 140gr and up.
    I would imagine there will be a limit to powder capacity before the barrel twist becomes an issue but this is a high pressure cartridge so it'll be fine with a broad spectrum of stuff, I am sure.
    Now tell me what 140gr 6mm bullets are on the market?
    Last edited by scotch_egg; 25-10-2011 at 21:00.

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* lapua brass
    By chrisc in forum Reloading
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 19:45
  2. 6.5x47 lapua
    By richardh in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 20:30
  3. 6x47
    By MARKG in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-07-2010, 15:29
  4. 6x47 Lapua
    By Chops in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-04-2009, 10:08
  5. Lapua ammunition
    By N.F.W.M in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-08-2007, 18:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •