Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swanndri??

Swanndri??

as above im looking at getting the swanndri bushshirt zipfront jacket.
    just wondering peoples thoughts on the zipfront vs the orginal bushshirt?
    i like the idea of it being quiet and indestructable?? as i seem to destroy everything i wear.

many thanks
    matt

hi matt,
    i have two swanni's but both are the original pull over the head type and can't really fault them warm, waterproof "ish" and silent, if i had to pick fault id say they're a little too long for my like so had the mrs take 4in off the bottom, this obviously wouldnt be possible with the zip front type.
    all the best
    jimmy

Go on ebay and buy yourself a mil surplus windproof smock - indestructible, 10 for a new one, good hood, pretty waterproof when washed in nikwax waterproofing and now available in both the DPM and MTP cammo patterns. What more could you ask for? Spend the money left over on stalking.

i have one, good job my only complaint is i find them large fitting

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    hi matt,
    i have two swanni's but both are the original pull over the head type and can't really fault them warm, waterproof "ish" and silent, if i had to pick fault id say they're a little too long for my like so had the mrs take 4in off the bottom, this obviously wouldnt be possible with the zip front type.
    all the best
    jimmy
    its the silent idea is perfect for me ill be honest with you and myself im not the quietest person in the world. thats very handy to know about the length because i believe the zipfront is longer.
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    Go on ebay and buy yourself a mil surplus windproof smock - indestructible, 10 for a new one, good hood, pretty waterproof when washed in nikwax waterproofing and now available in both the DPM and MTP cammo patterns. What more could you ask for? Spend the money left over on stalking.
    thanks for the advice ill check them out.

Army surplus is OK if your slim but getting larger sizes can be troublesome.

If you do have DPM/Army surplus make sure it's not visible when the FEO calls because if they see it it will be noted against you on your file and before the nay sayers start in the submission for my case from the Police this is one reason for the revocation they have given as proof of being unsuitable to have a FAC. MR BH was wearing a German army shirt and the comment dates for BEFORE the pistol ban..... I was dressed in work clothes and in the engineering workshop I was employed in the shirts were good as being warm, tough and cheap so if they got spoilt they soon became wipers and rag but PC Plod did not like it so down it went in my file.

i have an original swanndri the one with the blue inner hood i like it alot i would definately give them my vote ps thats the pullover version with the string pull tabs,atb wayne

It is possible to shorten the zip fronted type by about 4'' if I remember correctly because the zip and the side vents stop about 4'' short of the rest of the hem if that make sense.

I have a few different Swanndri items and they are excellent, very warm and silent, very hard wearing (make sure you get the correct size and style as you will have it for a while!). Its true that they are not waterproof and, if they do get soaked, they take an age to dry.

Best to buy from somewhere where you can fit them on as the sizes do come up big.

Woodlore (Ray Mears's Company) used to stock them and they are in Sussex so might be worth a look. They don't have a shop but are very helpful so might let you fit one on in the warehouse.

Glyn.

rivers west field pro smock....
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..