Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First attempt at venison Sausages

First attempt at venison Sausages

Hi guys,

bought a mincer last year and its been an invaluable bit of kit.. We basically have substituted beef mince for venison when it comes to spag bol, chilli, lasagne etc. Ive also got a decent recipe for burgers which go down great. I was going to make burgers with this lot of venison but thought burgers arent really a winter food and that i should take the plunge and put the sausage attachment on the mincer.

I went to see my butcher to get the skins and pork and then used a similar recipe that i use for my burgers.. The missus and I had a morning making bangers.. It was a learning curve to say the least.. But we persevered and ended up with these.. Theyre drying in the chiller before we bag them and freeze them. Will add a pic of the cooked end product when we make tea tonight!

Nice one! I keep meaning to teach myself the bunching into 3's trick

Any chance of sharing the recipe you used?

Well done! its important to let them bloom. This lets the colour and flavor develop.

Cheers Deerman.. how long do you let them 'bloom' for? just oven cooked 5 for tea.. they were good but too dry. The mix was 8lb venison, 4lb belly pork and 275g of cooked quinoa plus my seasoning..

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Nice one! I keep meaning to teach myself the bunching into 3's trick

Any chance of sharing the recipe you used?
    csl: Ive modified my burger recipe but they were a bit dry, maybe because i oven cooked them for a wee bit too long.

Heres how i learned to link.. in about 30 seconds.. dead easy when u get into it!!

You bringing some for the shoot freshly cooked for breakfast Saturday !!!

Let them have 2 or 3 days hanging in the chiller before you do owt with them 'FF'

M

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    You bringing some for the shoot freshly cooked for breakfast Saturday !!!
    Funnily enough.. yes!

Quote Originally Posted by re'M'ington View Post
    Let them have 2 or 3 days hanging in the chiller before you do owt with them 'FF'

M
    Whats the idea of idea of letting them bloom? i understand its to let the skins dry and to let the flavour mature? are they the only reasons?

That's about it, unless your doing black puddings which you wod oil to giveaway nice shine.