Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to site

New to site

Hello everyone my name is mark jervis and i am a country sports enthusiast.I currently work for the local water authority previously serving with hm forces in 7th parachute regiment(artillery)My job involved directing artillery and mortars onto enemy targets also intelligence gathering.
    Recently acquired my fac having been a shotgun holder for the past 5 years and i look forward to interacting on this site
    thankyou.

A warm welcome to those that send that lovely mixed fruit pudding!........ & just in time too!, had a few years with Welsh Water Auth myself, you really have got yourself the correct place on the map this time! Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Welcome

Atb
    David

Welcome Mark.

Martin

Welcome Mark and thank you for your service.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by para7 View Post
    Hello everyone my name is mark jervis and i am a country sports enthusiast.I currently work for the local water authority previously serving with hm forces in 7th parachute regiment(artillery)My job involved directing artillery and mortars onto enemy targets also intelligence gathering.
    Recently acquired my fac having been a shotgun holder for the past 5 years and i look forward to interacting on this site
    thankyou.
    Welcome, how long did you serve with " The 7th Royal Horse Artillery (7RHA)?

served 6 years with 7 rha operating in canada,kenya,falklands,america,brunei,belfast,bosn ia,germany and cyprus.
    happy days

hi mate can i ask when you left 7th parachute regiment i have a friend thats been in the paras since leaving school he is in 7th parachute now and has been for a few years atb wayne and welcome

Hi good to see you on the site. Enjoy. Calibres for stalking a little less than you have been use to. Not much use for mortars for stalking. My dad used depth charges for fishing from the MTB's. The sonar used to locate the shoals and then the depth charge, followed by a return pass to scoop up the fish. Apparently they found an excuse to practice their drill just before R&R.

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    hi mate can i ask when you left 7th parachute regiment i have a friend thats been in the paras since leaving school he is in 7th parachute now and has been for a few years atb wayne and welcome
    There are only 3 Regular Parachute battalions 1, 2 and 3 PARA. The 7th was disbanded in the mid 1940's. 7RHA (PARA) does have 1 airborne battery though and they are a support unit to 16 Air Assault Brigade.