Thread: Meindl Cold Weather Boots

Meindl Cold Weather Boots

http://www.meindl.co.uk/products/Hunting_and_Forestry/116/Garmisch-GTX

I was looking at a pair of these in a local shop today. Unlike other winter pac style boots these are goretex lined and the whole boot is 100% waterproof.

They are actually very sturdy and completely lined with thick pile lambswool and felt. They look the business for sitting in high seats and as the forecast for this winter is supposed to be worse than last...

Anyone used them yet?

are they the same ones that are in game and country?was looking at them one day and thought the same myself ideal for being on the quad or sitting out.

Quote Originally Posted by ajfab View Post
    are they the same ones that are in game and country?was looking at them one day and thought the same myself ideal for being on the quad or sitting out.
    One in the same and on handling them I was very impressed, 200 mind...

i have a pair of irish setter snow trackers that i got in the states 1000grm thinsulate in them very warm but nearly worn out so thats why i was looking at them.
    did not think they were 200 when i was in there though

I have these 1's they are 4 year old and still going strong. Never had a problem of cold toes.

http://www.meindl.co.uk/products/Hun.../Antarktis-GTX

nutty

I have always fancied a pair for high seat work and in the snow but was put off when they say they are only waterproof up to where the rubber meets the leather uppers and they didn't look like they were particularly sturdy. These ones though are completely lined with gore-tex and are totally waterproof and feel like they would offer reasonable support and stand a bit of abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    I have always fancied a pair for high seat work and in the snow but was put off when they say they are only waterproof up to where the rubber meets the leather uppers and they didn't look like they were particularly sturdy. These ones though are completely lined with gore-tex and are totally waterproof and feel like they would offer reasonable support and stand a bit of abuse.
    They are totally waterproof. I prefer the boots with gaiters to wellies. Again theyve never let me down and let in. I was recomended to get these boots, and glad I did. They have outlasted other boots which mates have bought. Oh btw Ive never cleaned or re-proofed them...........

nutty

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    They are totally waterproof. I prefer the boots with gaiters to wellies. Again theyve never let me down and let in. I was recomended to get these boots, and glad I did. They have outlasted other boots which mates have bought. Oh btw Ive never cleaned or re-proofed them...........
    nutty
    I have had numerous Meindl boots in the past and cannot complain about them at all, all of similar style to yours. Lasted well for the abuse and never had to send any back because of leaks.

Have had a couple of different pairs of meindls for work, although not these ones. Superb quality, I dont think you will go wrong with them