Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako 85 factory threaded

Sako 85 factory threaded

Has anyone got one, plus have you fitted an ace utra moderator?
    I am thinking of buying this combo, but not sure of compatibillity.
    cheers

I have the 85 varmint with factory thread. M18X1 quite a fine thread with plenty of metal left. Better than the unf thread. I don't know about the ace moderators, I have a predator on mine. Can post pictures of the threads if it helps.

Thanks rabbit fingers
    I read on another forum that the ace utra needed a specific type of thread/shoulder setup to ensure accurate alignment plus positive seating.Spose best thing to do is ask the dealer to look into it before I buy.My current gun has a T8, but apparently the ace can drop the decibels a few more notches.

300wsm
    That's interesting...I only want an ase to protect my lugs, so not much point parting with the extra cash if it can't out score a T8.I usually have ear defenders on when practising but I i do notice a ringing in my ears if I fire the gun a few times without them.
    Anyone else think the ase is no better than t8?

do all sako 85 come factory threaded now or just by special order as i am going to buy one next year sometime are t8 mods available in thread size m18x1

fly.

my 85 finnlightin .308 didn't come factory threaded but it did get a ASE Jetz fitted and it a great combo of rifle and mod. in the field it's quieter than a T8.

I considered the ace myself for the 308 but felt it wasn't worth the extra money at the time , However the predator is not as quiet as I had hoped. It has 8 baffles does anyone know if the 12 baffle version would be any better I understand the predators are modular so presumably you would just need the part with the extra baffles. Don't want to hijack the thread but your question got me thinking.

Sold my P8 and got the Jet-Z in the end, much better and balances well.
    At the time 85s didn't come screw cut so had it done myself

sako 85 threaded

i have a sako 85 which is threaded 'i use a wildcat moderater on it and find it groups very well. it is a 243
    reguards dave

Quote Originally Posted by scotspine
    Thanks rabbit fingers
    I read on another forum that the ace utra needed a specific type of thread/shoulder setup to ensure accurate alignment plus positive seating.Spose best thing to do is ask the dealer to look into it before I buy.My current gun has a T8, but apparently the ace can drop the decibels a few more notches.
    I have a dim memory reading on another forum - I think it comes with a specific shoulder fitting which can be lost/left off if you get one 2nd hand, but the dodgy thing is it will still screw on without it.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.