Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: posting powder

  1. #1

    posting powder

    Does anyone know what would happen if you put smokeless powder in a box and send it via royal mail to australia? TNT want over 120 to courier it. I know I could just sell it hear and buy in australia, but I won't get much for it hear and all but ADI powders are hard to get there. It would just be nice if it was another thing I didn't have to buy.

    I guess the worst that would happen is they just destroy it, seeing as I'm emmigrating from the UK there's not much they could do, and I seem to recall you don't exactly give your NI number when posting overseas. So long as they don't open it they'd never know right?
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by harrygrey382 View Post
    Does anyone know what would happen if you put smokeless powder in a box and send it via royal mail to australia? TNT want over 120 to courier it. I know I could just sell it hear and buy in australia, but I won't get much for it hear and all but ADI powders are hard to get there. It would just be nice if it was another thing I didn't have to buy.

    I guess the worst that would happen is they just destroy it, seeing as I'm emmigrating from the UK there's not much they could do, and I seem to recall you don't exactly give your NI number when posting overseas. So long as they don't open it they'd never know right?
    .
    Not as long as it doesn't go bang, seriously not sure about the legality but would imagine its a no no.
    If you do decide to post it make sure its in a metal box, that way when it does go bang they won't be able to find enough to identify you.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    .
    Not as long as it doesn't go bang, seriously not sure about the legality but would imagine its a no no.
    If you do decide to post it make sure its in a metal box, that way when it does go bang they won't be able to find enough to identify you.
    Can't see what would detonate it. It's pretty stable stuff isn't it? Not sure about the metal box though - there'd be shrapnel! Either way there's nothing to trace back to me.
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

  4. #4
    Quite illegal Harry, don't even joke about it. If it gets past Royal Mail you will have a visit from the Feds in Ozz.

    ADI powders are available in this country but go under different names.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Quite illegal Harry, don't even joke about it. If it gets past Royal Mail you will have a visit from the Feds in Ozz.

    ADI powders are available in this country but go under different names.
    But you can buy it over the counter there just like here - any person can buy it or own it it's not illegal. Besides, there's nothing illigeal about being sent it - what if it was a suprise from a friend?
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

  6. #6
    Harry you were born to late if you had been born a few generations earlier and tried it, you would have got a free passage to Australia.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Harry you were born to late if you had been born a few generations earlier and tried it, you would have got a free passage to Australia.
    yeah only a few...
    But seriously what's illegal about it? Apart from braking the the posty's rules?
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

  8. #8
    Have tried to get some information but does not seem to be much about, as far as I can gather its considered a hazardous substance, so needs to be shipped by carrier licensed to deal with hazardous substances

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Have tried to get some information but does not seem to be much about, as far as I can gather its considered a hazardous substance, so needs to be shipped by carrier licensed to deal with hazardous substances
    yeah it's a pretty grey area I'm finding. But I also can't see it's that illegal - the only thing I'd be breaking is the courier's rules not the law. I can buy it without a license in both countries so I don't see it's a problem
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

  10. #10
    Check out the Post Office guide to restricted and prohibited goods listing for internal and international services.

    http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/letters...ohibited-goods

    Will come under flammable solids I should think. As you'd have to declare the item(s) on the customs form they would either be returned, destroyed or, if you knowingly misdeclared them, I'm guessing you might be prosecuted.

Similar Threads

  1. posting in classifieds
    By eddoakley in forum Site Help/Problems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 11:08
  2. For Sale For Sale Redding no 3 Powder Measure and no 5 Powder Trickler
    By whinfell in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 10:18
  3. Trouble posting !!!
    By bigtedzzr in forum Site Help/Problems
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-05-2010, 07:29
  4. posting
    By tika.308 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-02-2009, 20:20
  5. Posting images
    By Paul 600 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-02-2009, 16:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •