Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Poachers word of warning! Don't post exact locations of stalks!

  1. #1

    Poachers word of warning! Don't post exact locations of stalks!

    Just a quick note please think before posting exact locations and estate names when posting write ups of stalks etc. There are un welcome guests reading posts on here! and with poaching becoming a really big problem at the moment the last thing we need is people unwittingly naming estates and locations that have healthy numbers of deer on. It just makes it easy for them.

    We had poachers on Thursday night and they had driven from a town over 2hours away! they admitted to coursing and will hopefully be prosecuted. If they come back they may become more friendly with the Belgian Malinois!!!

  2. #2
    Yes un leash the dogs of war. I hope when my current land shark (chec lines GSD) retires they will have a Belgian avaiable awesome tool.

  3. #3
    or a 58gr in the earole....
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by clivecleaver View Post
    Just a quick note please think before posting exact locations and estate names when posting write ups of stalks etc. There are un welcome guests reading posts on here! and with poaching becoming a really big problem at the moment the last thing we need is people unwittingly naming estates and locations that have healthy numbers of deer on. It just makes it easy for them
    Do you have proof that poachers are using this site?

    Sounds a little far fetched?
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Do you have proof that poachers are using this site?

    Sounds a little far fetched?
    Dan,

    I know of several colourful characters round our way who browse the internet looking for "opportunities".

    I think its wise to be cautious.

    Cheers,

    Bob

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    Yes un leash the dogs of war. I hope when my current land shark (chec lines GSD) retires they will have a Belgian avaiable awesome tool.
    Are we talking Mallinoi?
    Last edited by Paul 600; 24-10-2011 at 20:41.

  7. #7
    I know, I have thought this in the past. I'm glad knowbody has mentioned the large populations of red deer at Dundrennan. You just climb over the white fence near the shore that says keep out and they are everywhere.

  8. #8
    You never know who reads anything on the net let alone our site. Could tree huggers, poachers and possibly press looking for a thread to exploit. You should always be on guard.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    You never know who reads anything on the net let alone our site. Could tree huggers, poachers and possibly press looking for a thread to exploit. You should always be on guard.
    +1, not only are we ambassadors for our sport, we are also guardians, and there are plenty out there who wil take our game, livelihood, pleasure and much more given half a chance!

  10. #10
    I am sure you are quite correct.

    From our experiences in the Bristol area I and others are convinced that this and other sites are trawled by such people. If they are clued in it doesnt take much to deduce where deer are.

    Also I have seen some gallery pictures on this site where I have recognised the area where a deer was shot, and a very quick google earth search revealed the exact spot.

    Might be worth taking a leaf out of the specimen anglers guide book, esp the pike boys, make sure nothing recognisable is the the background.

    D

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted witnessed stalks
    By mickjgardner in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-02-2011, 17:38
  2. Word of warning to head shooters.
    By Thar in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 20:39
  3. Locations for viewing the Red Deer rut on Exmoor
    By badsworth in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-08-2010, 12:56
  4. A word of warning to honest, genuine people...
    By sako85 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 31-07-2010, 19:03
  5. Lyme Disease - Word of Warning
    By WinchesterStalker in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 31-07-2010, 16:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •