Thread: Our first day!

Talking Our first day!

On Saturday we had our first day on the pheasants and partridges; that makes it sound very grand, but in reality, it was a walk/stand root around a mate's farm.

The weather was excellent, the dogs weren't TOO unruly (despite some - mine especially - getting into a quite incredible state of giddiness!), we managed to bag a few birds....but most importantly the company was fantastic, it was good to be out in the fresh air, and a blody good day was had by all. Isn't that what it's all about? (....and just to put the numbers into perspective, the total for the day was 7 pheasants, 6 ducks and 2 partridge)
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

merlin glad you had a good first day .
    you hit the nail on the head . its the company thats important not the bag size .

regards pete .

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    and a blody good day was had by all. Isn't that what it's all about?
    Absolutely!!!!!!

A wild dog though makes the day for me as it sets someone up for a total piss-take!!! You simply cannot beat the sight of a mate running across turnips screaming at a spanel to, 'get the f**k back here...' and the dog looking over its shoulder thinking, 'you think I'm some kind of nut, not until you calm down a bit...'

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Absolutely!!!!!!

A wild dog though makes the day for me as it sets someone up for a total piss-take!!! You simply cannot beat the sight of a mate running across turnips screaming at a spanel to, 'get the f**k back here...' and the dog looking over its shoulder thinking, 'you think I'm some kind of nut, not until you calm down a bit...'
    Most if not all spaniels think their name is b*****d !

With the sun shining in your pic, it makes me want to get out from behind my desk and enjoy it.