Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbits kill people ?

Rabbits kill people ?

Dear hunters, I recently heard that rabbits account for a nearly 5% (please let me know if this percentage is incorrect) responsibility for all crop damage / loss taken as an average figure across the UK. Given that there is a world food shortage and that we export allot of our grain etc overseas to help people who are suffering the effects of famine, usually in war torn countries, could it be that one could almost directly attribute the fury blob as being murderer of humans ? Does anyone have any statistics or thoughts on this ?

Regards, Olaf

Like this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    Dear hunters, I recently heard that rabbits account for a nearly 5% (please let me know if this percentage is incorrect) responsibility for all crop damage / loss taken as an average figure across the UK. Given that there is a world food shortage and that we export allot of our grain etc overseas to help people who are suffering the effects of famine, usually in war torn countries, could it be that one could almost directly attribute the fury blob as being murderer of humans ? Does anyone have any statistics or thoughts on this ?

Regards, Olaf
    Yes, people need to balance this out by eating more rabbits!
    Hey presto, less rabbits and more food!
    Job done.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Yes, people need to balance this out by eating more rabbits!
    Hey presto, less rabbits and more food!
    Job done.
    MS
    Yes, and what about the little ******* jackets too ! we could send some fur blankets in the aid containers to keep the wee children warm at night too

In all seriousness mate, I see that this is the way things are going!
    The cost of venison and other game used to be really expensive, (and probably still is in supermarkets),
    but the continual rising cost of farmed meats has now begun to put game into the reach of the average persons pockets when sourced locally. It used to be cost effective to drive to the nearest supermarket to buy stuff, but the cost of fuel now means that it is cheaper to use the local farm shop for those out of town. I've seen an increase in local farm shops around here recently, and as a registered food business myself, the demand for game seems to be on the increase!
    MS

we have a new pet rabbit for my 4 yr old daughter only problem is it growls at me and wont let me near it do you think it knows i kill its relatives lol

Quote Originally Posted by keith@honda View Post
    we have a new pet rabbit for my 4 yr old daughter only problem is it growls at me and wont let me near it do you think it knows i kill its relatives lol
    It's when you see it doing press ups in the corner you have got to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    we export allot of our grain etc overseas
    You sure about that? I thought we were a net importer of cereals. Got a source for your information?

The world population has just broken the 7 Billion mark.

Thats maybe why there are some hungry mouths.