Rabbits kill people ?

Olaf

Dear hunters, I recently heard that rabbits account for a nearly 5% (please let me know if this percentage is incorrect) responsibility for all crop damage / loss taken as an average figure across the UK. Given that there is a world food shortage and that we export allot of our grain etc overseas to help people who are suffering the effects of famine, usually in war torn countries, could it be that one could almost directly attribute the fury blob as being murderer of humans ? Does anyone have any statistics or thoughts on this ?

Regards, Olaf

Dear hunters, I recently heard that rabbits account for a nearly 5% (please let me know if this percentage is incorrect) responsibility for all crop damage / loss taken as an average figure across the UK. Given that there is a world food shortage and that we export allot of our grain etc overseas to help people who are suffering the effects of famine, usually in war torn countries, could it be that one could almost directly attribute the fury blob as being murderer of humans ? Does anyone have any statistics or thoughts on this ?

Regards, Olaf
Yes, people need to balance this out by eating more rabbits!
Hey presto, less rabbits and more food!
Job done.:thumb:
MS:D

Yes, people need to balance this out by eating more rabbits!
Hey presto, less rabbits and more food!
Job done.:thumb:
MS:D
Yes, and what about the little ******* jackets too ! we could send some fur blankets in the aid containers to keep the wee children warm at night too :tiphat:

In all seriousness mate, I see that this is the way things are going!
The cost of venison and other game used to be really expensive, (and probably still is in supermarkets):evil:,
but the continual rising cost of farmed meats has now begun to put game into the reach of the average persons pockets when sourced locally. It used to be cost effective to drive to the nearest supermarket to buy stuff, but the cost of fuel now means that it is cheaper to use the local farm shop for those out of town. I've seen an increase in local farm shops around here recently, and as a registered food business myself, the demand for game seems to be on the increase!
MS
:thumb:

we have a new pet rabbit for my 4 yr old daughter only problem is it growls at me and wont let me near it do you think it knows i kill its relatives lol

The world population has just broken the 7 Billion mark.

Thats maybe why there are some hungry mouths.

You sure about that? I thought we were a net importer of cereals. Got a source for your information?
Yah, I heard it from a UN anthropologist who I met at a diner party last year. Not the most solid of information sources LOL but she seemed to make sense, until that is, she started explaining how the UN delegates its funding. It was at this point that I got so confused that despite the fact that she was rather pretty I had to do a runner and find something tasty to drink instead ! I will ask someone else about this grain export issue later on today. At the end of the day though, if feed and food prices are so high at the moment that we are using all that we have and also importing them too then it accounts to pretty much the same thing. If there is a world food shortage, be it bio fuel (rape) , trees (timber), grain (beer ! ) Or market produce that we are consuming then we are taking it out of the world market to consume it ourselves because in a small way the rabbits are diminishing what we as a country have available for ourselves here in the UK. You simply can't deny it. Rabbits are causing people great harm ! Please don't get me wrong though, I'm not exactly stressed about it I just thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss, that's all.

We used to be an exporeter but now we are a net importer (of people too) partly due to the increased population we now import grain to feed the ever increasing population, often from the countries they came from such as eastern europe if the uk population keeps increasing then the demand for food will certainly follow putting further strains on our country so keep the rabbits breeding and eating i say which will make more jobs in other countries producing food and the immigrants will want to go home to work in their own countries and have plenty of food there too. Oh.. I forgot they still wont have a welfare state to give them hand outs so the solution if still flawed, b****r it.

Yes indeedy - Rabbits - by default of eating some farm produce - do kill people. In that case how about Kangaroos - elephants - baboons - geese. In fact our bovine friends blowing wind are also bad for us by virtue of their effect on the atmosphere- so 'tis said.
It's a wonder the planet survived the millions of years of giant dinosaurs.

In other words, kill off everything that needs to eat other than humans, then the blinkered eco boffins will be satisfied. A bit like the intellectual bonehead who might blow up the world in order to prove that his bomb really works.

As for our welfare state not giving handouts - the way things are headed with the Eoro parliament rulings, we'll soon be sending dole cheques out to Czech's on the dole.

Its worse than you think, there are wererabbits out there. Here`s a picture of one that nearly got me462.JPG:eek::D:D

Last edited:
Back