.17 hmr fmj

timbrayford

Does anyone know of a stockist of .17 HMR FMJ in the south of England, and has anyone experience of using them?

Does anyone know of a stockist of .17 HMR FMJ in the south of England, and has anyone experience of using them?

The Outdoorsman in Hastings might have some. 01424429343
About a year ago the owner was trying to persuade me to take some so if they were held on stock there may be some left

As to using fmj, sorry never tried

Cci make them and GMK import them so ring them for stockist in your area I tried a box up at the range but that's it mate hope this helps

Paul

I zerod up on some Winnie 20gr Gamepoints (FMH hollow points) and of course all the bunnies disappeared :-| However the crows etc. still didn't enjoy them much when I decided not to waste the time and expense involved in zeroing the new round. I did find that they penetrate much further though. I hit a magpie between the shoulders at about 80 meters and it blew a hole straight through his chest. When/if I manage to find a rabbit before I re-zero for Ballistic tips, I'll let you know how they perform.

is there any target competition for HMR or have you got a condition for target use? I didnt think that target ammo was made for HMR? If its everyday target shooting you are doing then thats covered by your zeroing condition, so no need for 'FMJ' or target ammo.General consensus on the non ballistic tip ammo seems to be its too hard and passes right through most things.

Target & vermin conditions on FAC , I do think that this ammunition has great potential for informal competition use

Last edited:
I have some, dont use them,

they dont group as well as the Vmax 17gr and are similar to the hollow point 20gn rounds.
they still make a mess but dont have any of the advantageous ballistic properties of a Vmax.

I have some, dont use them,

they dont group as well as the Vmax 17gr and are similar to the hollow point 20gn rounds.
they still make a mess but dont have any of the advantageous ballistic properties of a Vmax.

Interesting info. Accuracy kills :)

Back