Thread: Reloading Manual Barnes TSX

Reloading Manual Barnes TSX

Can anyone recommend a reloading manual that covers Barnes TSX in 6.5x55? There is obviously the Barnes Manual but I am reading some very poor reviews.

What makes the loading data or loading process different for Barnes bullets than it is for other bullets of like caliber and weight? If you (rightly) conclude that it's all about the same, then I'd recommend a manual from either the powder makers (Hodgdon, Vit, Alliant) or Lee's which uses these maker's data but (for the most part) lists generic bullet weights for it's data.~Muir

Not sure about this but I seem to recall that the original Barnes bullets had it's own data due to their construction design. Of course now it seems Barnes copy others designs and so it's probably not needed now.

Edit:- Unlike Muir I find in interesting to collect various reloading manuals although I have to admit to basically using just one . Even though I have the following on the shelf:-

Hodgdons #26
    Speer #12, 13 & 14
    Vhit 1st and 4th edition
    Hornady's 7th edition
    Norma No1 edition
    Nobel Glasgow booklet undated.
    Richard Lees Modern reloading . A 2000 reprint edition
    Ken Waters Pet Loads Vol 1 & 2

Various powder booklets from Nobel Sport, Hercules, Alliant, Winchester and IMR.
    Last edited by Brithunter; 26-10-2011 at 12:09.

It was the difference in bullet construction that had me wondering. Have subsequently found this http://www.barnesbullets.com/wp-cont...hMauserWeb.pdf which despite very limited numbers of powders might be the only specific data out there.

One book one caliber?
    Got .260, .223 and .308 and they're pretty useful, includes all the major bullet mf's and is easily the most comprehensive in terms of permutations of powder and bullets. The lee is bias toward the American powders.

I just wanted to let you know that a short email to Barnes was answered in less than 24 hours with a very helpful response including a PDF of load data (different to the one I posted above). Very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by liamnjs View Post
    I just wanted to let you know that a short email to Barnes was answered in less than 24 hours with a very helpful response including a PDF of load data (different to the one I posted above). Very impressed.
    Now that makes a nice change. Glad to hear they were willing to help.