Thread: left handed game shotgun

left handed game shotgun

Just a shot in the dark, but I am looking for a 12g shotgun for game in left hand.
    over & under prefered but side by side considered.
    Please pm with details and photos.

Hi as far as i am aware with the exception of semi autos shotguns are not handed, some may be cast in one direction or another, if it is your first shotgun you will save youself a lot of bother by going to a shooting school and booking a gun fitting session, you will come away with a set of measurments for a gun that fits you, buy your gun take it to a stocker give him your measurments and get him to bend and adjust the stock, job done.
    cheers Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
    Hi as far as i am aware with the exception of semi autos shotguns are not handed, some may be cast in one direction or another, if it is your first shotgun you will save youself a lot of bother by going to a shooting school and booking a gun fitting session, you will come away with a set of measurments for a gun that fits you, buy your gun take it to a stocker give him your measurments and get him to bend and adjust the stock, job done.
    cheers Geoff
    That is true to an extent, but for true left handers, the opening latch works the other way to a right hand gun so it works with the stong movement of the thumb. But, most OUs and SS only change the cast on the stock.

Both Browning 525 and Beretta do a LH cast gun. The push instead squeeze to open the gun isn't that difficult to master. Far easier than me hitting stuff anyway.

David.