Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silva fox call

Silva fox call

Has anyone brought or used the silva fox call (as seen on fieldsports tv). I can't get a squeak out of it spent most of the day trying. It could go down as worst piece of kit purchased if I can't make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    Has anyone brought or used the silva fox call (as seen on fieldsports tv). I can't get a squeak out of it spent most of the day trying. It could go down as worst piece of kit purchased if I can't make it work.
    Ah, there's a section specifically for that too! 'Worst Kit' I think it is :-)

Agreed it may well end up on that post. Plus I'll be asking for a refund.

Another gimmick.. i bought an Aussie call for a tenner years ago and i Boak just putting it in my mouth.

Majorly expensive i thought.. why not get a squeaker from a dog toy or similar..

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Another gimmick.. i bought an Aussie call for a tenner years ago and i Boak just putting it in my mouth.
    That was your problem - not made for the mouth. They stickum up their bums

fair play to the aussie who flogged this bit of kit!ive been blowing /sucking all day!dogs think im mad!wife knows im mad!if u hurry field sports got 44 left!! lol

So you've actually got a squeak out of it?

no good if you have false teeth ,think they are a bit like the shepherds whistle and you have to place them on the roof of your mouth ......i have a plate so wont get a single note from one .....they looked hard work on tv !

All I can say guys is keep trying. If you place the call half way in to your mouth and push the middle of your tongue on to the back of the call with the tip of your tongue pointing down to touch the back of your teeth on your lower jaw. This now forms a seal in the lower part of the mouth allowing the air to be pushed through from the top of the call. I hope this makes sense and helps.

Once you have mastered the call it is well worth the effort. It really does work.

Roy.