Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Quality of your FAC Licence

  1. #1

    Quality of your FAC Licence

    Is it me or are FAC tickets getting, well, a bit crappy?
    When I first got my FAC, back in the 80's, I remember it fondly when I pulled it from the envelope.
    For starters it came with a laminated front page, with a embossed Police logo. The paper was "special", like Conqueror paper.
    The photo was a proper photo and it came in a plastic wallet with the ticket folded into three.
    The ticket felt special.

    I have just got my new ticket in the post. A co-terminous one.
    Oh dear, I know now where the 25% cuts are coming from!
    The ticket was on cheap paper, the colour of the certificate and the photo was from a bubble jet printer.
    It was folded in half, stapled and that's it.

    So now I have to refold it in three and find a holder for it.

    Having just turned 42 last week, I feel like one of those grumpy old men off the telly!

    What do you think?
    You live and learn........
    .........or you don't live long

  2. #2
    I agree.... and it makes me wonder why we need to send 8 photos
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

    Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

  3. #3
    I also recall being in the same position many years ago, when there was no Photo, you just signed the ................line.

    Not that I'm an Im not !! I do think eventually it will end up like a UK driving licence (small chipped card )

    As it, is when the new licence is photocopied it comes up copy across the copy neat trick!!

    Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"





  4. #4
    They are not the laminated document they used to be, but I do remember my first Shotgun Certificate issued in North Wales was a tiny typed scrap of paper with a North Wales Police rubber stamp on it, and I guess it would have been even smaller had it not been in two languages :-)

  5. #5
    I don't know why we put up with this archaic bit of paper. Why not have a smart card linked to a central national firearms office and save on all this nonsense of notifications by registered/recorded posts and hopefully also do away with the ridiculous one for one variation process

  6. #6
    Seriously it really doesn't matter as the only people that should ever be shown a FAC probably see dozens every week so it is not anything you should flash off anyway? Maybe the OP wants to impress?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I don't know why we put up with this archaic bit of paper. Why not have a smart card linked to a central national firearms office and save on all this nonsense of notifications by registered/recorded posts and hopefully also do away with the ridiculous one for one variation process
    +1 But common sense from a UK authority or goverment?

  8. #8
    i had my renewal form come through today all the questions seem to be the same question worded in a diffrent way on a coterminous certificate why do we need 8 photos and why cant they do a chip and pin card so when you buy a gun or ammo it could be sent straight to the firearms dept electronically my first shotgun certificate was a piece of card folded in half

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    They are not the laminated document they used to be, but I do remember my first Shotgun Certificate issued in North Wales was a tiny typed scrap of paper with a North Wales Police rubber stamp on it, and I guess it would have been even smaller had it not been in two languages :-)
    Remember it well, if the license got wet the ink on the stamp ran!!
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I also recall being in the same position many years ago, when there was no Photo, you just signed the ................line.
    You must be extremely old. I can go into the early seventies with FAC's and they always had photographs then.

Similar Threads

  1. Licence
    By foxer1 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-10-2011, 20:10
  2. Open licence.
    By eddie in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14-06-2011, 18:37
  3. open licence
    By stevelandy in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 15-02-2011, 19:00
  4. Different Licence?
    By ScottC in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27-07-2010, 16:36
  5. Game Licence?
    By Sam in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 00:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •