Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality of your FAC Licence

Quality of your FAC Licence

Is it me or are FAC tickets getting, well, a bit crappy?
    When I first got my FAC, back in the 80's, I remember it fondly when I pulled it from the envelope.
    For starters it came with a laminated front page, with a embossed Police logo. The paper was "special", like Conqueror paper.
    The photo was a proper photo and it came in a plastic wallet with the ticket folded into three.
    The ticket felt special.

I have just got my new ticket in the post. A co-terminous one.
    Oh dear, I know now where the 25% cuts are coming from!
    The ticket was on cheap paper, the colour of the certificate and the photo was from a bubble jet printer.
    It was folded in half, stapled and that's it.

So now I have to refold it in three and find a holder for it.

Having just turned 42 last week, I feel like one of those grumpy old men off the telly!

What do you think?
    You live and learn........
    .........or you don't live long

I agree.... and it makes me wonder why we need to send 8 photos
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I also recall being in the same position many years ago, when there was no Photo, you just signed the ................line.

Not that I'm an Im not !! I do think eventually it will end up like a UK driving licence (small chipped card )

As it, is when the new licence is photocopied it comes up copy across the copy neat trick!!

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

They are not the laminated document they used to be, but I do remember my first Shotgun Certificate issued in North Wales was a tiny typed scrap of paper with a North Wales Police rubber stamp on it, and I guess it would have been even smaller had it not been in two languages :-)

I don't know why we put up with this archaic bit of paper. Why not have a smart card linked to a central national firearms office and save on all this nonsense of notifications by registered/recorded posts and hopefully also do away with the ridiculous one for one variation process

Seriously it really doesn't matter as the only people that should ever be shown a FAC probably see dozens every week so it is not anything you should flash off anyway? Maybe the OP wants to impress?

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I don't know why we put up with this archaic bit of paper. Why not have a smart card linked to a central national firearms office and save on all this nonsense of notifications by registered/recorded posts and hopefully also do away with the ridiculous one for one variation process
    +1 But common sense from a UK authority or goverment?

i had my renewal form come through today all the questions seem to be the same question worded in a diffrent way on a coterminous certificate why do we need 8 photos and why cant they do a chip and pin card so when you buy a gun or ammo it could be sent straight to the firearms dept electronically my first shotgun certificate was a piece of card folded in half

Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    They are not the laminated document they used to be, but I do remember my first Shotgun Certificate issued in North Wales was a tiny typed scrap of paper with a North Wales Police rubber stamp on it, and I guess it would have been even smaller had it not been in two languages :-)
    Remember it well, if the license got wet the ink on the stamp ran!!
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I also recall being in the same position many years ago, when there was no Photo, you just signed the ................line.
    You must be extremely old. I can go into the early seventies with FAC's and they always had photographs then.