Thread: Urgent help please

Urgent help please

Hey,

I need to source some Norma Vulcan factory ammo in 6.5x55 (140 or 150g) ASAP. Does anyone know a UK based stockist please?

regards,

P

phone Ruag 01579362319
    they import Norma IIRC
    very helpful when I was looking for .270 ammo

thanks mate,

worked out

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    phone Ruag 01579362319
    they import Norma IIRC
    very helpful when I was looking for .270 ammo
    I just fell of my chair Ruag helpful??????

Damn things must have changed. I was after some Norma ammo and they very very unhelpful basically said I had to order a minimum of 1000 rounds or a barrel of cases. With the ammunition costing over 1.50 per round you can imagine my response. Ended up making contact with a fellow collector in Sweden and getting a quantity of once fired brass. I know that 9.3x57 is not common in the UK but give me strength.

Brit,

They were actually very nice, but did say I needed to get my local RFD to order them from Ruag, then promise the RFD that I'd cover the shipping charges of 25 as well - otherwise the RFD was likely to just say they couldn't source the ammo! RUAG was actually quite frustrated with RFD's attitudes towards customers, in that often they simply say that they cannot procure what the customer wants (because they don't want to pay for shipping), and then sell the customer something else they have in stock with a good profit margin.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Brit,

They were actually very nice, but did say I needed to get my local RFD to order them from Ruag, then promise the RFD that I'd cover the shipping charges of 25 as well - otherwise the RFD was likely to just say they couldn't source the ammo! RUAG was actually quite frustrated with RFD's attitudes towards customers, in that often they simply say that they cannot procure what the customer wants (because they don't want to pay for shipping), and then sell the customer something else they have in stock with a good profit margin.
    Things must have changed as I spoke with Ruag directly and it was them that said I had to order a minimum of 1,000 rds of loaded ammo, they would not consider even just bullets as I wanted a few hundred 232 grn Norma 9.3mm bullets, or a barrel of 2,000 pieces of new unprimed brass. I found the same when I approached them over RWS 6.5x54MS ammo and RWS 7x57 with 173 Grn H-mantle.... once again they were not interested.. over the years I have given them a fair try but don't and won't bother with them any more. After why keep banging my head against a wall with them. If I want a headache I can find easier ways to get one.

waan't aware Ruag dealt with the public.
    Trade only..no?

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    waan't aware Ruag dealt with the public.
    Trade only..no?
    Trade yes but as the dealer was getting the run around I got their details and tried to sort it out. Soon found out what the RFD was on about. A real shower to deal with. The order was to be placed through my local RFD but Ruag was not interested simple as that. They lost out I got most of what I needed from elsewhere. Great business sense if you ask me. A helpful RFD got me some S&B 9.3mm bullets and as I said I sourced the cases from Sweden direct then I lucked out and fell over about 300 235 grain Norma semi spitzers in 9.3mm so brought them.