Thread: Zeiss compact point - suitable for an M03

Zeiss compact point - suitable for an M03

As per the title really......does anyone know if there is a mount available to fit a Zeiss compact point to a Mauser M03?

Thanks

Rich

The compact point looks like it should go on a picatinny rail. Mauser do them for 390 give Robert at open season a call and he will sort you out. He might even have a second hand one (in as new condition) that I traded in to them a couple of months ago.

Dave

It can be ordered with picanty rail, weaver rail or to fit a sauer 303
    regards john

Thanks for the replys. I noticed that it could be ordered to fit a blaser direct onto one of the mounting points. Didn't know if the same could be done with M 03

Rich

I don't pretend to be an expert on the subject but I am sure the Blaser and Mauser Rings are the same so the mounting points should be similar. I was told the 34mm rings I got for my Mauser were actualy Blaser rings. Might depend on distance between mounting points though which wouldn't be an issue when using rings.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave View Post
    I don't pretend to be an expert on the subject but I am sure the Blaser and Mauser Rings are the same so the mounting points should be similar. I was told the 34mm rings I got for my Mauser were actualy Blaser rings. Might depend on distance between mounting points though which wouldn't be an issue when using rings.

Dave
    Dave

Blaser / Mauser rings are interchangeable for sure, but on Zeiss website it shows a compact point actually fitted direct to the front mounting point on a Blaser, not to the saddle mount. I think that would be a better option as it would keep height down.

Rich

would be interested to hear how you get on with this in the end

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave View Post
    would be interested to hear how you get on with this in the end

Dave
    I'll keep you informed, may be some time as I've not even got the barrel on order yet...