Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hurt and more than a little confused part 2

hurt and more than a little confused part 2

Honestly. You couldn't make this **** up. My daughter just turned 16 and is classed as an adult in the eyes of SS. But as she is disabled we need to APPLY to be made her guardians. This involves an interview by a lawyer for myself and my wife. Oh yeah I forgot. This costs between 2k and 3.5k and we don't qualify for legal aid coz. Yes you guessed it. We work.

another case of the hard working tax payer gets penalised.... if you were claiming jobseekers (ha ha I love that term) allowance, things would be different.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Speachless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A pal of mine has been divorced for 10 years, his ex wife now has terminal cancer. It has brought the family together again, his daughters have decided to take time out from Uni to care for their mother [not exactly a gap year!] and have been told that they don't qualify for a carers allowance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder about the future of this country?

let me get this straight, you have to pay up to 3.5 grand to ask if you can look after your own daughter?? that is one fucú3d up system...

all the very best of luck dealing with this..
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

pi** take this country is a mess

Sorry to read about your problem - that is unbelievable !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by straightbetweentheeyes View Post
    let me get this straight, you have to pay up to 3.5 grand to ask if you can look after your own daughter?? that is one fucú3d up system...

all the very best of luck dealing with this..
    regards, Jez.
    thats about it in a nutshell mate

things like this make me wild is there no way you can challenge it?
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

theres nothing to challenge mate, if we wish to become her legal guardians then this is what it costs to put together a case to put before a judge, , if we dont do this then SS will be responsible for her wellbeing and housing , i wouldnt let them look after a budgie

I have read about your problem before,my heart bleeds for you and your family,I live in the South East we see a lot of problems that we all have to foot the bill for, go to france for the day lose all your documents and come back to uk,and the problem is solved you will get all your needs looked after,helps if you dont understand anything,you will be given a case worker, enough said.