Pecar berlin 4-10x52

one consideration i dont think anyones mentioned is that the old pecars have a 26mm tube..
good luck finding mounts i had to get a set machined at work before a "bargin" 8x56 i bought at york guns would go anywhere near my CZ
cheers
scout

Hmmm not ALL old Pecar scopes had 26mm tubes. Out of the 5 I have had only one had 26mm tube and that was if I remember correctly the 4-10x45.

26mm rings/mounts are not really hard to source, not even for the Brno/CZ. I have used the Hilver (now B-Square/Lynx) ones and of course the Apels work just fine. Some of the Lisenfeld scopes also have 26mm tubes................................ again not all of them though as some are 1" or so I have noticed. Of the two 3-9x42 Spezial's one is 1" the other 26mm and funnily enough the same goes for the 6x42 Lisenfelds. One is 26mm the other 1" ................................ oh well.

I have a 4-10x45 still with original box and that says 1" tube on it, it's a front focal plane variable not a "Champion". I was surprised, thought they were all 26mm. I've had 2 Lisenfelds (6x42 and 8x56) and they were both 26mm so I'd assumed they all were.

Sportsmatch make their single screw mediums in 26mm if you want it for something with a dovetail rail, have a look on that auction site (do a search for "26mm scope"), they're about £20.

Last edited:
I have a 4-10x45 still with original box and that says 1" tube on it, it's a front focal plane variable not a "Champion". I was surprised, thought they were all 26mm. I've had 2 Lisenfelds (6x42 and 8x56) and they were both 26mm so I'd assumed they all were.

Sportsmatch make their single screw mediums in 26mm if you want it for something with a dovetail rail, have a look on that auction site (do a search for "26mm scope"), they're about £20.

Whilst I thank you for taking the time to inform us of this. Personally I do not like the Sportsmatch mounts. They look and feel cheap to me. It seems that both Pecar and Lisenfeld did home and export models. I am assuming the Home ones had 26mm tubes and the export ones 1". It certainly keeps us on our toes.

Back