Thread: Looking for .308 Load for Speer Hot Cor 150gn FNSP

Looking for .308 Load for Speer Hot Cor 150gn FNSP

Hi

Does anyone have a good load for the Speer flat nose hot-cor bullets, product #2007 ?

I was given a batch of 100 and I must admit they look pretty good, but cannot for the life of me find a load for them. I am limited to Viht N150, BLC-2, H414 or Reloader 15 (have loads of powders and not really wanting to buy anymore if I can help it!!) I would be using federal brass with CCI Match / Magnum Primers. Am shooting Rem 700, 24" barrel 1in10" twist.

Many thanks in advance, I have linked to the bullet head below just in case this helps?

Hot Cor

Timney

Any 150 grain data will work for the powders you specified. (I wouldn't be using match or magnum primers unless it was all that I had but have at it!) That is a good, deer stomping bullet. I have used it from a 30-30 and recently tried working up some 30-06 loads in my BAR with it. The results in the BAR were mediocre but that's the rifle, not the bullet. I would use BLC-2 in the 308. I don't know if there is a finer .308 powder.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    That is a good, deer stomping bullet.
    Exactly what I thought when I saw them Muir, am sure they will produce some energy when they strike home, albeit from (I am guessing) a slightly lower velocity. Thanks for the advice, as I am fairly novice to the reloading game I am trying to pick up as I go along, but I assume that my load data would have to be based on a flat tail as opposed to a boat tail as I presume they would produce different pressures within the cartridge?
    Thanks again
    Timney