Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: quick question , how do one for one variations work

quick question , how do one for one variations work

id like to trade my 22 in for another newer 22 , do i need to apply for a variation or do i just go to the gun shop and trade then notify the police ? ( never traded in a rifle before)
    brian

you need a variation, no photos and no referees.

Hi Brian ,you would need to get forms from Pitt st for a variation,sell the rifle ,send in form,wait for months for it to be returned then buy your new rifle

Graeme

Take rifle to whichever dealer you choose and get receipt for it, then into Pitt St. to let them know its sold and apply for

variation. They used to do it on the day but not anymore, 7-10 days

Rgds, Buck.
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 28-10-2011 at 17:57.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Take the old .22 to your dealer and get a receipt for it preferably on his trade headed paperwork. Get the details of the one you wish to acquire and go to the Police and ask for a form for a one-for-one variation. Fill it in there and then, give them the receipt and ask them to check what you have done.
    It should be a free transaction.
    I have done this many times with our local Constabulary and had their full cooperation.

HWH.

thanks peeps

Strathclyde usually does it on the spot, well they have with me on three occasions , take the weapon to the dealer, he takes it of your certificate go to pitt street with all the details and the paper work 26.00 They will put the entitlement on for you to buy the new .22 ,go back to the dealer and he writes the new weapon on the certificate take or send the paper work notification to Pitt street job complete , if it is for a change of caliber it is the full monty.

Am I missing somit,, I thought if you sell the old 22, it leaves a slot for a replacement, which can then be filled with a new gun.. thats how I changed my 243 anyway.

Also thought one for one variations are free

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    ........go to pitt street with all the details and the paper work 26.00 They will put the entitlement on for you to buy the new .22
    No charge for one for one variations.