Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaser R8 OAL

Smile Blaser R8 OAL

Hi,
    Has anyone measured their Blaser R8 .243w chamber for OAL ? Any data would be much appreciated.
    Tim

What's to guarantee that your chamber is the same as any other Blaser chamber?

I won't know without double checking mine, that said Blasers are engineered to exceptionally high standards and are designed to be interchangeable

Quote Originally Posted by steveford1 View Post
    You have pm
    Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I won't know without double checking mine, that said Blasers are engineered to exceptionally high standards and are designed to be interchangeable
    So Blaser have discovered a way to make chamber reamers last forever without the need for sharpening.......................... .

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    So Blaser have discovered a way to make chamber reamers last forever without the need for sharpening.......................... .
    I don't know as I only shoot with one, I don't get involved in their manufacture at all. I do understand that the barrels are made by another company in the group and I would guess that they use more than one set of machine tools, it would come as no surprise to me if these tools are all made to the same specification. Anyway back to the subject of the thread the OAL on your Blaser R8 is......?

What brit hunter is saying ,is is if one barrel is done with a brand new cutter by the time it has reached its seviceable life it will be significantly smaller, therefore your oal may well be different to another barrel, so should be measured for safety on your specific barrel

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Hi,
    Has anyone measured their Blaser R8 .243w chamber for OAL ? Any data would be much appreciated.
    Tim
    It will depend on what bullet you are using because they vary in shape at the ogive. Having said that, mine, measuring with an overall length gauge for 75gn Vmax is 2.645. As also stated, there are manufactoring and wear factors to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneve frise View Post
    What brit hunter is saying ,is is if one barrel is done with a brand new cutter by the time it has reached its seviceable life it will be significantly smaller, therefore your oal may well be different to another barrel, so should be measured for safety on your specific barrel
    Many thanks for your comments I think that a discussion on how Blasers are made would make a very interesting topic for a separate thread!
    However having done some preliminary measurements of my own using the bullet in an empty case method I thought that whilst I am awaiting the use of a proper gauge to do the job accurately it might be interesting to discuss and compare with other interested Blaser owners the data that they have obtained.
    So back to the matter in hand the OAL on your Blaser R8 is.......?