Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Immobilon

Immobilon

My understanding is that any animal that has been tranquilised using Immobilon is not able to go into the food chain in this country. However I also believe that this is not the case in the rest of Europe where there is a 30 day withdrawal period on the drug. Does anybody know whether this is true? In addition has anybody eaten venison that has been tranquilised using Immobilon and what, if any, the effects might be? Is this merely a case of the British being overly cautious?

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

Re: Immobilon

Quote Originally Posted by howa243
    My understanding is that any animal that has been tranquilised using Immobilon is not able to go into the food chain in this country.
    Your right, there is no withdrawl period

Quote Originally Posted by howa243
    Is this merely a case of the British being overly cautious?
    Probably, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

TJ

At least in Spain is banned!

If you can read spanish look at this http://www.agemed.es/actividad/docum...on-revivon.pdf

Regards

Gerardo

I I I I have have have have eaten eaten eaten veniiiiiiiiiison loads loads loads off offff ooffffff times ttttttimes anddddddd itttt hasssssssnnnnnnt done done done done done meeeeeee memee annny harrmmmmm attttt allllllll!

Thanks for that Andy. I thought you were taking the p**s till I read your other posts.

Good to hear from you.

Grant

I was told by someone who uses it that a small pin head sized amount in the blood stream of a human being would kill them out right.

I had no reason to doubt this but haved always wondered if it is true. I found it amazing that on animals it will knock them out where as on a human it is lethal.

The dangerous part of immobilon is the etorphine which is 1000x more active than morphine, and which is highly toxic to humans. When we were doing caesareans on red deer always had 2 nurses one to assist and one to watch us both with calculated antidote doses for us in case of accidents. Also when we managed live calves had to give them the antidote to get them breathing, so it crosses the placental barrier. Colostrum was always a problem as we didn't know if it crossed into it. Mind you their dams always ignored them so it was hand rearing. When I worked in RSA 30 days withdrawal but few people ate rhino steaks any other animals we managed to kill were always incinerated
    morena

Moreno has my vote on this fellas.
    At least he knows what he is talking about
    Regards TRAPPER

I did hear of a hunt kennels thet fed some flesh to hounds that was from an animal that had been received imobilon at some time during its treatment and was supposed to be out of the withdrawel period for incineration/disposal by hunt kennels.

It affected about a dozen hounds, some were absolutely stoned, one or two slept for two days or more and they lost a couple almost straight away. Fortunately it was only one peice of flesh on the yard and the rest of the carcas was incinerated.