Rifle ranges - Manchester/northwest

thomps11

Afternoon all,

Was hoping I could ask the groups advice, I'm moving up to Manchester in the new year and I'm not that familiar with the area. Could anyone recommend any decent rifle ranges in the area that I could go practice at on the weekends/evenings. Looking for Full bore and at least 100 yards, thanks loads in advance, hope I can help you out in re future.

Thomps

There's a 100yd full bore range in a quarry nr Bollington, Macclesfield. Non members welcome Sunday from 11am for £3

Rifle range

There is Digle just north of Oldham 100 to 1000yrds hope this helps.Brian Fox possible best contact.Dave

Link to the Diggle range site, there is shooting on ever weekend of the year near enough.
You could talk to Brian Fox as he now has a shop on site, but the man you need to talk to
is a man called Vince Bottomley he is the membership secretary.
He works on the on line shooting magazine Target shooter click the link then his email is there
send him a mail.
Don't use the Diggle web site forum they don't seem to use it.
Good club lots of disciplines shot up there.
Hope this helps
Dave

Diggle has by far the most extensive facilities of any civilian range apart from Bisley & Vince is a helpful chap who will sort you out.

Altcar is used by several civilian clubs normally on Saturdays & Sundays but Altcar RC run some 900/1000 yard shoots midweek in summer. The various clubs at Altcar tend to have their own sphere of interest so it’s worth making enquiries with several to ensure you find one that fits your needs.

I used to shoot on the Sealand range outside of Chester when I was a member of the Mid-Cheshire Rifle Club but I don’t know the situation there now.

My father used to shoot with the Hydra club at a 200 yard range at Northwich on ICI land but I suspect it may have got ‘redeveloped’ (I hope not).

The Carlton Moor range south of Leek is an excellent facility & its owner Mike is very welcoming & obliging.

Deer Hill range (500 yards from memory) is on the top of the Pennines, east of Manchester – windswept but good facilities.

Back