Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sauer engineering

Sauer engineering

I recently aquired a .30-06 barrel for my 202 and fitted it to the rifle yesterday for a few shots. After firing about 5 shots I decided to change back to the 6.5x55 and zero for the start of the doe season next week. I removed the scope and barrel refitted the 6.5 and was very surprised to discover the zero was 100% as before I fitted the .30-06.

I have been to wms in Wales twice and have a good range card for the 6.5, after firing 2 shots to check my zero I thought I would have a crack at a rabbit at 419m, 24 clicks up and about 5" right to allow for the wind and the rabbit was dead, another rabbit sitting beside the first quickly followed. I am not a particulary good shot but the Sauer is without a doubt a fantastic piece of kit. Would recommend the 202 to anyone looking a great hinting rifle.

Keith

I love my sauer 202 synthetic now, but had you asked me about six weeks ago it would have been a very different story

I am impressed with mine, a great combination of form and function.

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneve frise View Post
    I love my sauer 202 synthetic now, but had you asked me about six weeks ago it would have been a very different story
    Had you problems with it until recently

I feel the same way about my Blaser: the barrel changes are child`s play and zero never changes! I haven`t seen the Sauer Take Down Rifle, but I will check it out.

All the best

Conor

Quote Originally Posted by ksb View Post
    Had you problems with it until recently
    i wouldnt shoot consistantly, i would take it out one day zero it and get it ok then next time i took it out i would have to start all over again
    came to the conclusion my rifle hates remmys but likes my homeloads

[QUOTE=goldeneve frise;276466]i wouldnt shoot consistantly, i would take it out one day zero it and get it ok then next time i took it out i would have to start all over again
    came to the conclusion my rifle hates remmys but likes my homeloads[/QUOT

I reload for mine and it will group almost anything you can get into the barrel , I have a Steyr and it is very fussy about rounds, it also has terrible problems feeding rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Conor1 View Post
    I feel the same way about my Blaser: the barrel changes are child`s play and zero never changes! I haven`t seen the Sauer Take Down Rifle, but I will check it out.

All the best

Conor
    Surely the Blaser mounts it's sights to the barrel and not the action so as the mount stays with barrel I would expect it to remain on zero...... Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneve frise View Post
    i wouldnt shoot consistantly, i would take it out one day zero it and get it ok then next time i took it out i would have to start all over again
    came to the conclusion my rifle hates remmys but likes my homeloads
    Someone recommended RWS for mine and they are excellent.

I must be the odd one out here, I hated the one I had. Felt it was heavy, not nice to handle and ammo fussy.Didn't like RWS ammo. The safety in the trigger guard was not for me. Barrel only lasted two years, used everyday. Cleaned as often as the other riles I've had which lasted years longer.
    Al