Sauer engineering

ksb

I recently aquired a .30-06 barrel for my 202 and fitted it to the rifle yesterday for a few shots. After firing about 5 shots I decided to change back to the 6.5x55 and zero for the start of the doe season next week. I removed the scope and barrel refitted the 6.5 and was very surprised to discover the zero was 100% as before I fitted the .30-06.

I have been to wms in Wales twice and have a good range card for the 6.5, after firing 2 shots to check my zero I thought I would have a crack at a rabbit at 419m, 24 clicks up and about 5" right to allow for the wind and the rabbit was dead, another rabbit sitting beside the first quickly followed. I am not a particulary good shot but the Sauer is without a doubt a fantastic piece of kit. Would recommend the 202 to anyone looking a great hinting rifle.

Keith

I feel the same way about my Blaser: the barrel changes are child`s play and zero never changes! I haven`t seen the Sauer Take Down Rifle, but I will check it out.

All the best

Conor

Had you problems with it until recently

i wouldnt shoot consistantly, i would take it out one day zero it and get it ok then next time i took it out i would have to start all over again
came to the conclusion my rifle hates remmys but likes my homeloads

i wouldnt shoot consistantly, i would take it out one day zero it and get it ok then next time i took it out i would have to start all over again
came to the conclusion my rifle hates remmys but likes my homeloads[/QUOT

I reload for mine and it will group almost anything you can get into the barrel , I have a Steyr and it is very fussy about rounds, it also has terrible problems feeding rounds

I feel the same way about my Blaser: the barrel changes are child`s play and zero never changes! I haven`t seen the Sauer Take Down Rifle, but I will check it out.

All the best

Conor

Surely the Blaser mounts it's sights to the barrel and not the action so as the mount stays with barrel I would expect it to remain on zero...... Or am I missing something?

came to the conclusion my rifle hates remmys but likes my homeloads

Someone recommended RWS for mine and they are excellent.

I must be the odd one out here, I hated the one I had. Felt it was heavy, not nice to handle and ammo fussy.Didn't like RWS ammo. The safety in the trigger guard was not for me. Barrel only lasted two years, used everyday. Cleaned as often as the other riles I've had which lasted years longer.
Al

Speak to Keith (TWG1)

Lovely rifle but the fore end use to fly off when you took your first shot! Apparently there was nothing wrong with it when inspected by the importers though! not surprisingly he sold it.

Surely the Blaser mounts it's sights to the barrel and not the action so as the mount stays with barrel I would expect it to remain on zero...... Or am I missing something?

You are correct: the scope mounts onto the rear most part of the barrel. I only clean my guns after every 50-60 rounds, so after a clean, the barrel will need a few fouling shots before its back on song. But even then we`re only talking about a discrepency of an inch.

I have rarely ever been so impressed as when Steve Beatty showed me a Sauer Hitari. I watched him change the barrel on the rifle, then did it myself, in seconds. Outstanding engineering and a real beauty too. I must thank Steve for showing me a rifle that I could never afford, in fact several rifles I could never afford, just because I liked the look of them. Top rifles, top man.

Simon

You are correct: the scope mounts onto the rear most part of the barrel. I only clean my guns after every 50-60 rounds, so after a clean, the barrel will need a few fouling shots before its back on song. But even then we`re only talking about a discrepency of an inch.

If any of my centrefire rifles needed "a few" fouling shots after cleaning to stay within an inch of a previous zero I would sell them sharpish.

As for engineering, for £2500 I personally would expect it to be spot on after removing and replacing a barrel.
If my £500 Sako can do it with 4 seperate barrels and scopes then for 5x the money the Sauer should

If any of my centrefire rifles needed "a few" fouling shots after cleaning to stay within an inch of a previous zero I would sell them sharpish.

As for engineering, for £2500 I personally would expect it to be spot on after removing and replacing a barrel.
If my £500 Sako can do it with 4 seperate barrels and scopes then for 5x the money the Sauer should

I was referring to my Blaser rifles, I don'y own a Sauer rifle.

I have a considerable collection of rifles, some are used more frequently than others. After a thorough cleaning, it is not uncommon to find the first couple of shots off a click or two. It takes a couple/few rounds for the barrel to adjust. Similarly on very cold days and very warm days, I find that the POI can be slightly off also. I find that this can occur with any of my rifles regardrless of brand or value.

All the best

Speak to Keith (TWG1)

Lovely rifle but the fore end use to fly off when you took your first shot! Apparently there was nothing wrong with it when inspected by the importers though! not surprisingly he sold it.

I'm glad mine doesn't do that, "YET"

i once owned a 202 avantgarde etc etc,yeah was a quality rifle,shot well,too fancy for me,sold it before it got ruined,crawl through too many hedges and under and through barbed wire.someone elses treasure now

Last edited:
Back