Thread: new member

Hi folks

i'm new to this site but have been stalking since i can remember. With my father as a child and then professionally for about 25 years. I switched jobs about 4 years ago and now do conservation and environment work for the same company I've been with for 31 years since I left school.

It got to the point where I wouldn't care if I never shot another deer, but i really missed working with them, so I now have my own shooting lease, and thoroughly enjoy stalking for sport as opposed to being pressured to get numbers.

I've no idea how many deer I've shot over the years, but it's somewhere in the 3-4 thousand bracket, mostly centred around Wester Ross and Skye areas. Mostly red, not so many roe and quite a few sika.

Looking forward to getting some crack with the rest of you on the forum. It's always good to get some new ideas, and your never too old to learn, in fact i think it's a poor day that you don't learn something new.

Cheers

Chris

Welcome Chris, interesting intro. You will find an interesting bunch of folk here. Enjoy.

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by chris macdonald View Post
    Hi folks

i'm new to this site but have been stalking since i can remember. With my father as a child and then professionally for about 25 years. I switched jobs about 4 years ago and now do conservation and environment work for the same company I've been with for 31 years since I left school.

It got to the point where I wouldn't care if I never shot another deer, but i really missed working with them, so I now have my own shooting lease, and thoroughly enjoy stalking for sport as opposed to being pressured to get numbers.

I've no idea how many deer I've shot over the years, but it's somewhere in the 3-4 thousand bracket, mostly centred around Wester Ross and Skye areas. Mostly red, not so many roe and quite a few sika.

Looking forward to getting some crack with the rest of you on the forum. It's always good to get some new ideas, and your never too old to learn, in fact i think it's a poor day that you don't learn something new.

Cheers

Chris
    Hi, Chris - glad to see you are now a member of this site. I showed Benny this picture of a gold medal Sika I shot a couple of seasons ago - he drooled over it for a while! They never shot anything as good as this but his friend shot his first Sika so seemed happy enough....

Welcome to the site Chris
    My god Bill that's a sika and a half is it not,i need to shoot one like that (Awsome head ).
    Last edited by mark g; 05-11-2011 at 21:56.

Sika

Quote Originally Posted by mark g View Post
    Welcome to the site Chris
    My god Bill that's a sika and a half is it not,i need to shoot one like that (Awsome head ).
    Hi, Mark - yes it was a cracker right enough. Having said that, I shot another gold medal this season too, but an eight pointer this time. Will take a pic and post it here. Bill.