Thread: Trophy shields

Trophy shields

Anyone here make nice dark oak/similar trophy shields for various species, and are selling at decent prices?

I have approx. 10 red stags I need to mount, and probably around 100 to 150 roe buck trophies I'm trying to get around to mounting, but prices in places like bushwear (30 for large stag!!!) are insane.

let me know if anyone can help or know of good sources (good meaning well priced of course)..

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Anyone here make nice dark oak/similar trophy shields for various species, and are selling at decent prices?

I have approx. 10 red stags I need to mount, and probably around 100 to 150 roe buck trophies I'm trying to get around to mounting, but prices in places like bushwear (30 for large stag!!!) are insane.

let me know if anyone can help or know of good sources (good meaning well priced of course)..
    I bought a few shields that were fantastic quality and a really lovely job, he is also on this site and is MJM: https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/member.php?3582-MJM

A large red stag shield in solid oak was 30 ish but they were not a cheap veneer like the ones on bushwear. He also does veneer ones that are cheaper that that and also much cheaper than bushwear. A really top chap and I had my shields within a week. pm me if you want contact details.

I have approx. 10 red stags I need to mount, and probably around 100 to 150 roe buck trophies I'm trying to get around to mounting,

Wow, what sort of house do you live in?

My vote goes to MJM..top bloke to deal with and did me a shield, very very nice...think it was 20 inc postage

Quote Originally Posted by 1995rs View Post
    I have approx. 10 red stags I need to mount, and probably around 100 to 150 roe buck trophies I'm trying to get around to mounting,

Wow, what sort of house do you live in?
    Ha ha ha, they will fill the walls of a stairwell for now, plenty of space

Why not just buy a cheap router + jigsaw and make your own if you need alot it will work out cheaper, i get the oak planks from old furniture sale rooms wardrobes etc go for peanuts