Thread: Solid or Swivel Bi Pods

Solid or Swivel Bi Pods

Which Bi Pod is most suitable for stalking fields around forest edges/fields,also some pretty open woodland.I usually use sticks

Personally, I don't like bipods for that sort of usage and think sticks are far better. Having said that, I do like a bipod for foxing..if you're going to go with a bipod, without a doubt a swivel one is the way to go..

Regards,

Peter

I have used a harris swivel bi-pod for some years. Mine has the long legs and I find it ideal for prone shooting and, when fully extended, it gives good support for a sitting shot. You will find the swivel version the most useful, especially on sloping ground.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Krico308
    I have used a harris swivel bi-pod for some years. Mine has the long legs and I find it ideal for prone shooting and, when fully extended, it gives good support for a sitting shot. You will find the swivel version the most useful, especially on sloping ground.

Regards,
    I 2nd this,
    stone

i use a 9-13 swivel (sL) for both foxing and stalking. i did have a s25 but sold it due to lack of use, it was good for sitting shots, but it was too tall for some prone shots, and a bit on the heavy side. i use telescopic sticks which can be used for the sitting shots. the s25 also touched the moddy, where the sL stops jsut short of it.

hope this helps.