Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your opinions please............

Your opinions please............

I`ve got this paperwork for my speeding offence, 3 pages worth.
    One is the notice of intended prosecution, another is for me to fill out as to wether i admit or deny i was driving the vehicle when it was clocked and the third is just a Q & A sheet. My depot manager has been sent or maybe faxed a copy of the notice of intended prosecution. None of this i have a problem with but something is really ragging my ass.
    I got to work today and my foreman has been faxed a form for me to fill out. The company want to charge me £20 for an administration fee when i`ve had no contact with them.
    I presume my paperwork came from the police when i was identified as the driver. (I drive the same vehicle daily)
    How can they charge me an administration fee when they haven`t contacted me?? I didn`t think companies were allowed to do this anymore. (Think of the banks)

Thanks in advance.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

in this day & age they seem to do what they like its there way of scanking more money out of you

You haven't requested their services, therefore you haven't entered into a contract with them. Treat their request as you would unsolicited goods and tell them to get stuffed.

I had this, the admin fee is for them replying to the police idenfying you as the driver. Crooks.

Basil, were you clocked by a camera, and did they issue you with the intent to prosecute within 14 days of the offence? If not null and void mate. (At least this used to be the case.)

Quote Originally Posted by leej View Post
    Basil, were you clocked by a camera, and did they issue you with the intent to prosecute within 14 days of the offence? If not null and void mate. (At least this used to be the case.)
    The offence took place on 13th, i was informed on 29th. My works vehicle is not my own, that`s why it took longer.
    basil.
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

hi basil are your works vehicle's leased? if they are the leasing company will be contacted first then sent on to the company who leases the vehicle.that could be why thy want money for admin.

it still sucks

a t b rab

A bit puzzled as to who "the company" are who wish to charge you the admin fee. Is this the company you work for.
    The paperwork for a speeding offence would normally include the NIP which by law must be served upon you (the driver) within 14 days of the date of offence and a requirement notice under section 172 Road Traffic Act requiring the registered keeper (in this case your company) to name the driver of the vehicle at the time and date of the offence. Your company is duty bound to keep a record of who was driving their vehicles. A bit unfair if they are wishing to charge you for time spent on their legal obligations even although your offence is the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    A bit puzzled as to who "the company" are who wish to charge you the admin fee. Is this the company you work for.
    The paperwork for a speeding offence would normally include the NIP which by law must be served upon you (the driver) within 14 days of the date of offence and a requirement notice under section 172 Road Traffic Act requiring the registered keeper (in this case your company) to name the driver of the vehicle at the time and date of the offence. Your company is duty bound to keep a record of who was driving their vehicles. A bit unfair if they are wishing to charge you for time spent on their legal obligations even although your offence is the cause.
    Yes mate, it`s the company i work for that want the admin fee.

That sounds really unfair but typical of today's way of doing things. I think I might be asking myself if I wanted to continue working for a company that would treat me like that. How about having a "polite discussion " with them first. I have the luxury of being self employed so find it hard to imagine having to put up with that kind of crap. Best of luck with it.