Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light bleedback from Lightforce filters

Light bleedback from Lightforce filters

I found the light bleedback from my Lightforce filter was unacceptable when night hunting. My solution was to find a round plastic margarine tub a bit smaller than the inside of the filter to use as a mask, (any round container or lid will do). I placed the rim centrally inside the filter on a flat surface and sprayed the inside of the fixing claws and internal border, (short bursts or the paint will run), with semi-matt black paint and allowed it to dry completely for a few hours, don't rush it. I put the mask on the front of the filter and sprayed the outside. You end up with the fixing claws and border covered in black paint which blocks out most of the light bleedback from the lamp. It does get scratched with use so needs painting again from time to time. Hope this is useful!!!!!!!!.

I've never had a problem with mine.

Just run a strip or two of insulating tape around the edge of the filter onto the lamp body, I normally just put three short bits on the clasps of the filter,
    job done.
    Usually use black, it drives me mad without tape now.

Quote Originally Posted by nick100 View Post
    Just run a strip or two of insulating tape around the edge of the filter onto the lamp body, I normally just put three short bits on the clasps of the filter,
    job done.
    Usually use black, it drives me mad without tape now.
    same here. they should have made the hood abit longer so it wouldnt get this problem

Done that with my striker filters ages ago.

I had to put black tape on the edge of my cluson sl2 filter as well as that was even worse being a flip up filter.

And again...I just taped over the edges of mine, stops the light coming back at you.

My amber filter was terrible for this.There was a small gap between the lamp and the filter, i cured it by heating the securing legs gently and bending them.
    Al

I use a section of car inner tube, makes it quiet when you put it down as well

FlyBoy270

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy270 View Post
    I use a section of car inner tube, makes it quiet when you put it down as well

FlyBoy270
    You have any spare to fit a 170!

Kindest regards
    Garry

[QUOTE=GarryS;281670]You have any spare to fit a 170!

If you can't find a tube of the right size you can cut a length and glue it. You might need to get a tube of puncture repair glue or if you ask nicely a local garage might dob a bit on there for you.