Pregnant vixen

cockerdog

Somethings never cease to amaze me with the animal world and tonight I was yet again shown how things never run by the text book.

Upon picking up a vixen I had just shot it became apparent that she was fatter than normal and a feel of her belly showed what felt like developing foetus.
And upon opening her up I found 3 well developed foetus probabaly well over two weeks into growing if not more.
I guess that explains the varied ages of cubs that were around this year.

we where out about two weeks back spotted two that had paired up by the looks of things???? we herd them calling before we lamped them never had them this early ( thinking they where cubs) but called them and seen them fully grown last years by the looks of them

Last edited:
Thats amazing , never seen or heard of matings this early. It would mean that the cubs would have been born about Mid December .

De Ja Vue or what, we shot a vixen last Tues and we both thought it looked pregnant but we decided it couldn't be as it was too early in the year.

D

shot a very plump vixen Saturday night, put it down to a good living! Thinking differently know maybe?????

Thanks. I was thinking of some I could download to my phone though. I have a couple, but wanted to change them as their effectiveness seems to drop off after a while.

Pregnant vixen already,Thats really early,I dont think we will get any up here in the "North East" just yet.Saying that i heard a vixen calling the other night when i was walking my dogs,Climate Change and all that eh?.
Atb John.

Back