Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BDS opinion wanted

BDS opinion wanted

Can someone from BDS tell me and others that may be interested if they represent Estates that have wiped out their deer populations in the name of Grouse recovery - If they do why?.
    Or if having heard of it happening have they done anything to oppose it or if they have just remained silent. Bearing in mind there quotes.
    "The British Deer Society strives to ensure that there is a sustainable healthy population of deer in the UK that can exist in harmony with the environment and the people that live there, look after it, or visit it".

"We are, and will always wish to remain, the premier organisation promoting deer welfare and best management principles in deer management."

SS

If you want to raise this question with the BDS, then I suggest you write to the BDS.

Regards JCS

Why? Are they afraid of a debate? Cant they justify their statement on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo Salar View Post
    Can someone from BDS tell me and others that may be interested if they represent Estates that have wiped out their deer populations in the name of Grouse recovery - If they do why?.
    Or if having heard of it happening have they done anything to oppose it or if they have just remained silent. Bearing in mind there quotes.
    "The British Deer Society strives to ensure that there is a sustainable healthy population of deer in the UK that can exist in harmony with the environment and the people that live there, look after it, or visit it".

"We are, and will always wish to remain, the premier organisation promoting deer welfare and best management principles in deer management."
    SS

I guess from your inference you know of an estate where this has happened and are looking for a debate...

Why not name the estate if thats the case and put your known facts forward if you have any

As a member of the BDS i enjoy the Wessex Branch and events.. As with everything in life you get out of it what you put in

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo Salar View Post
    Can someone from BDS tell me and others that may be interested if they represent Estates that have wiped out their deer populations in the name of Grouse recovery.
    I hardly think they would 'represent' anyone. They are a registered charity which limits them in many aspects of their work - including political lobbying.

SS,

You've really got a bee in your bonnet right now eh? Go on tell all who has upset you.

Being from an IT background this is a very blatant example of the technique known as "trolling" - this involves starting inflammatory discussion threads with no real basis in fact and not quote specifics just to annoy a specific group of the forums users. This "trolling" is very often frowned upon by IT site administrators and on some internet forums it has been reason enough to ban users.

I suggest that specific incidents are named, or the BASC or BDS contacted personally if it is felt that there are serious issues. An internet forum is not the place to bring up this sort of thing and try to "spoil for a fight" like this.

of adjman,

I suspect that this is not a classic example of trolling as you suggest but may have been provoked by some the concerns raised in this thread; http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...ulling-targets

Not aimed at the right target maybe but IMO not trolling per se.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    of adjman,

I suspect that this is not a classic example of trolling as you suggest but may have been provoked by some the concerns raised in this thread; http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...ulling-targets

Not aimed at the right target maybe but IMO not trolling per se.
    Fair comment and point taken, thanks

Mark Nicholson (Chairman of BDS) touched on this issue in his opening piece for the Autumn 2011 issue of Deer
    I will try and scan it but unfortunately it won't be until Monday...